Carista Hill Hold Assist Values

Jun 2, 2021
Hey everyone!

im finally in my Leon DSG and really happy with it so far!

one thing I need to sort is the hill hold assist. It feels like it’s holding too long on the slightest little slope. It makes getting away at the lights on the tiniest incline a hassle! Does any one know roughly the difference in values on hill hold assist in Carista? I think it’s currently at 6% and Medium - would changing the percentage mean it only comes on when on steeper slopes? Also what’s the rough “this percentage = mega steep hills” if anyone has played with it that much?

have done a few searches but can’t find anything relating to the values and the idea of changing X% a time, taking it for a drive, and changing again seems very tedious!
TIA!

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
Is it just hill hold or does it have auto hold too?

Fairly sure the number is roughly how much force is required to get the car going from stopped. Therefore you want a lower number if you want it to set off easier.

Might also be imagining things but on mine this is changeable on the infotainment screen. If I remember I'll have a play tomorrow

Jun 2, 2021
Is it just hill hold or does it have auto hold too?

Fairly sure the number is roughly how much force is required to get the car going from stopped. Therefore you want a lower number if you want it to set off easier.

Might also be imagining things but on mine this is changeable on the infotainment screen. If I remember I'll have a play tomorrow
Just hill good mate - pre face lift so doesn’t have auto hold.

Ah okay, I thought the number was the steepness of the slope if you know what I mean. If that’s the case even 6% feels like a fair amount of force needed.

I’ve only had the car a couple days, took me ages to find out where the ambient light settings where 😂. I’ll have a look tomorrow but was under the impression it wouldn’t be on there as main dealers themselves don’t tend to make adjustments to it. Let me know what you find if you get chance to check!