change the halogen lamp , no thanks

luckymjr

cordy's are cool
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
Hi all .

I had a halogen lamp blow the other day on my cordy TDI 130 :cry:
After reading many horror stories about changing these bulbs on the seat range , mainly due to access , i decided to bite the bullet and take it to my local steelers :shrug:

15 minutes later the bulb was changed and it only cost me £23.80p as well :seatgod: well worth the money i think ,

Mark :)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
£24 isnt too bad I guess, but still relatively expensive as its something you should be able to do yourself easily, as you can do on most other cars. But this isn't so thanks to Seat :(

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
£24 to replace a bulb fook me did you come down in the last shower of rain

I have hands like shovels and I changed my standard bulbs for uprated ones and I even fitted LED side lights too

sorry but you should have saved the money and did it yourself

then again for another £10 they would have checked your fluids and emptied your ashtray

bloody amazing what people will pay good money for :shrug:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
then again for another £10 they would have checked your fluids and emptied your ashtray

bloody amazing what people will pay good money for :shrug:

:lol:

You got any plans for your Cordy luckymjr? Don't see many! Think I've only ever seen one on here and they put a Cupra bumper on and lowered it possibly? I think they were abroad? You could be a serious trend starter! ;)

luckymjr

cordy's are cool
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
next time one goes come to mine and ill do it cheaper ;)

Think i'll take you up on that mate , i'm bloody useless at car maintenance :lol:

The reason that i thought this was a good price is because on my last car ( a brand new ford focus 1.8 zetec ) one of the halogen bulbs failed on that :(

I decided to get a quote from my local steelers and they told me that it would cost 40 odd quid inc vat , i kid you not :cry:

And no , i didn't pay it , my next door neighbour did the job for me . It only cost me a few pints as well ,

Mark :whistle:

Last edited:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I managed to fit an HID kit with no problems to the Ibiza.

The owners manual which comes with it explains how to change I'm sure... so long as you don't touch the glass your fine.

Changing the sidelights though... that's a different job altogether. I don't know if its an Ibiza Mk4 or TDI thing but the next time I think I'll be removing the bumper and the lights altogether to change them... I cut my hands so much and was so pissed off with the car afterwards it was unreal.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members