changing injectors??

ian_cupra

shouldnt get any spillage really mate, as long as you havent used the car for a while so there is no pressure left ;)

think... if i remember correctly they are really easy to take out, but cant rememeber exactly how! :lol:

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
got new screw in seats for the inlet mani, so just unsrew the filler cap let pressure release then just pull out the rail sound right??? and changing them when i get my eliminator to 550cc genisis as thats what my map needs!!!

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
release the petrol cap - take off the two fuel pipes connected on the left side of the fuel rail (put a bolt in pipe to stop anything leaking - there are two bolts holding the black pipe that runs under the fuel rail which have to come off - then another two bolts which are there also holding the fuel rail down - you might want to take that plastic thing off thats attached to the fuel rail so you can see more clearly - then slowly pull out rail and injectors -

when replacing them, push down on them but not to hard - when you put the bolts back on it will force down for you

not really a guide but its what i can remember off the top of my head

cheers

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
yes had my fuel rail off loads of time and injectors out the mani just wanted to know how the injectors are fitted in the fuel rail seems they are a push fit, also on the pic below which fuel pipe on the left hand side of engine would i put a inline fuel pump?
P020308_1506.jpg

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
seatcoober. where have you hidden the black wires that connect to the injectors or if that blue stuff is it. what is it and where did you get it from. love the look on that bay though mate. looks well nice

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
have not got a pressure tester, so would probably have to take it to a garage. uurmm, think its either 3mm or 4mm ID boost pipe got it from my local motorsport shop but anywhere does it forge, cut a slit with a scalple then put it over and secure with tie wrap very easy but gives a good effect, cheers for the comment mate!!

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
cool. well i have loads of 3mm spare so will do that when i fit fmic next week, cheers. mine dont look that clean but its getting there

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
mate its taken alot of time and effort to get it like that but maintaining it like that in this weather is a pain in the arse you should know with all your polished bits had mine polished at first but was a nightmare to keep buff so decided to spray and laquer!! hope ive helped and put a pic up when done what fmic you going with?

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
not the ths one. there is another universal one that is slightly bigger than ths one. has had a few logs done and seem pretty good. plus girlfriend is paying.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
lol. had to be a good boy though. she has got me my new window reg, forge tip and fmic. not bad for 1 days shopping

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
make your own pressure tester...i did.

block off all take-offs and use a pushbike inner tube valve (just cut it off) stick it in one off the small outlets on tip and pump it up with a pump or compressor

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.