Char's MK5 SC Sport 1.4 *NOW ON COILOVERS*

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
All done with spraying, just gotta apply the sticky pads then to be put on the car. Which i may do tomorrow as i'm taking off the transformers badge for something else, so will probably up end doing the others as they are just below it.

Just hope once they are on they stay in an ok position.

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
*update!*

Finally!

My painted letters are on the car, didn't take long at all. About 20-30 mins to remove the letters, did each one by one so I could put the new one straight into the same place which i marked with masking tape.

Took pics as i did the process :)

Photo0105-1.jpg

Photo0106.jpg

Photo0106.jpg

Photo0108-1.jpg

Final Outcome

Photo0112.jpg

Really happy with it, will get better pics at some point.
May have noticed, no more transformer :( however...something else has overtaken my car...

Photo0111.jpg

Storm trooper!
Thought a storm trooper fits perfect with the black and white theme.

Shelby

Mar 1, 2011
West London
That is rather freackin smart to be fair!
Cant quite make out the stormtrooper too well, is it a rear window sticker/decal?
I have another idea about the rear lettering for my car........
:)

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Yeah i like it, happy with the outcome.
Yeah its a sticker/decal. Gonna see how it goes with that really, if after so long i notice i can't see it i'll remove it. Got sent it free as the guy originally sent me a black one :doh: so wouldn't be any money lost.

Lol, whats that? or is it a suprise?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Very nice Charlotte! May the transformer R.I.P and may the force be with you from now on hehehehehehe

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
LMAO!!

The transformer may come back, i'll see what my boyfriends verdict on the sticker is Though he loves Star Wars so he'll be biased lol. The sticker is a bit too big for my liking though.

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Cheers guys. Finding excuses to put things in my boot so i can see the letters again lmao.

The sticker looks better in the flesh, pic makes it look odd.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
hi char,
for the badges, did you just buy another set and paint them?

if you did, can you tell me how you did it cus it looks awesome :p
and i think i may have a crack at it :)

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Sure thing, i'll send you a PM and let you know!
Edit: you can't receive PM yet so i'll say on here.

Bought another set from David @ Sere Motors on here, for £7 i belive incl. p&p.
I sanded them down from the chrome to a bare colour, then applied the primer which i left for a day each time with 3 layers.
Gave them a little sand inbetween to ensure better results and remove any small blemishes.

Sprayed the gloss black on, again 3 times leaving to dry over night/24hrs with a sand down inbetween.

Finally did the lacquer sanded down before applying and did 3 hours and left to dry for the same as above. Again, sanded between. Then finished! :)

Took me a lot longer as i wanted them perfect so kept redoing them lol. Also had to buy a small roll of double sided foam tape to but on the back of the letters as the orignal got covered in paint.

This is the sandpaper pack i bought;
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_268279_langId_-1_categoryId_165610

If you wanna know about the debadging let me know. Hopefully thats clear up there ^^ lol.

Last edited:

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Had my first service today :)

All fine, got headlights checked and changed as they were aiming too low. So RESULT! Gonna go out tonight and see the difference.

Then the guy just said that my sidelights (ULTRAS) were infact illegal, i explained how they shine white and he said thats fine but when the dipped/main beam is on they reflect and give out a bit of blue. But he said i shouldn't get pulled over for it so don't worry. So thats all good.

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Went for a little drive to check the new headlights....WOW! Its like i've taken off a pair of tinted glasses. So much better, really happy with them now. :thumbup:

Should have a new add on to the car too by the end of the month hopefully :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members