Choco's Obnoxious Blue 1.2 S.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham

No the fabia is straight but the facelift ibiza has a curve thats why i call it a banana lol :lol:

Jacked some pics from Stefans thread :p

Banana :

04082010128.jpg

Before:

04082010127.jpg

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
No the fabia is straight but the facelift ibiza has a curve thats why i call it a banana lol :lol:

Jacked some pics from Stefans thread :p

Cheers Jake, i didn't think there was any difference but yeah I see what you mean bud

Can't believe how much better it looks with the facelift wiper, cheers again buddy for it :D

HORROX342

BoRRoX
May 9, 2010
Chorley (NW)
Apologies about the very late question about this but how easy was it spraying your centre console? Fancied giving it a go myself on my Leon but wasn't sure about how the paint would take....

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Apologies about the very late question about this but how easy was it spraying your centre console? Fancied giving it a go myself on my Leon but wasn't sure about how the paint would take....

vinyl wrap mate, means if you dont like it just re-wrap it in a different colour, i done my wee ibiza in 3m di-noc carbon vinyl on the dash and interior handles. looked alot better ;)

HORROX342

BoRRoX
May 9, 2010
Chorley (NW)
vinyl wrap mate, means if you dont like it just re-wrap it in a different colour, i done my wee ibiza in 3m di-noc carbon vinyl on the dash and interior handles. looked alot better ;)

I've done that with my centre console already, got like a brushed aluminium look on it. Looks pretty smart. it I fancy something a bit different. You have any pics mate? Ta

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
I've been quiet on here lately, amongst Uni work and other things, got myself a new project. Also looking to sell the Ibiza soon - any takers? :p

Ibiza's had some bits done...

1) Pretty, pretty glossy black mirror covers.
IMG_0492-1.jpg

IMG_0495-1-1.jpg

2) My tires on the BBS alloys were making a dodgy noise as I was driving along (as if my wheel bearing was knackered) so I changed back to steelies. I'm actually quite impressed, maybe I should stay on the steelies anyway? Does anyone have any ideas as to why my tires could be giving me wheel bearing noise - the alloys are balanced, there's no wobbling, only noise.
dubsceningfacebook.jpg

"Angry faic" sticker is faded, had some new ones come in from the US of A to replace it! Newgrounds.com are great for stickers - 75cent per item, plus some freebies. Good quality, too - my first angry faic lasted over a year. Puts all these "JDM", "Eurolook" etc stickers to shame, £3 per sticker?? Anyway. I got 10 stickers + 3 free assorted stickers + shipping from America for $11 (if I remember correctly). Good stuff.

And here is my new little project - welcome Kermit into the family! I'm splitting the cost of running with 2 mates, this is purely a track car - I can't get it insured on the roads, being 19; but my 23-year old MX-5 enthusiast buddy can, so we can get it to tracks and back!
DSC_0053copy.jpg

Last edited:

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
your tyres may be making a loud groaning noise because they have a 'flat spot(s)' on them.

I'll look into it, thanks!

I've driven a few MX5s, used to sell them in the 90's. Great car.

I haven't driven mine outside of a car park yet, all of our winter trackdays kept on getting cancelled! Now that the exams are out of the way, we're looking at tracking it now - I've driven a few things on the track before, faster than the MX-5 - but I'm really looking forwards to what I imagine will be quite a visceral and "connected" track run! "Jinba itta"i!

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I had a tyre on the back go noisy, it just went out of round, so to speak. Apparently it's due to a partial delamination in the tyre.

Hope you're well mate, not seen you about on here for a while!

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
I had a tyre on the back go noisy, it just went out of round, so to speak. Apparently it's due to a partial delamination in the tyre.

Hope you're well mate, not seen you about on here for a while!

Partial delamination? Does this mean it needs replacing? And I'm fine buddy, thanks for asking :) Just been veeeeery busy lately, pouring all my mental resources into university and financial resources into the MX-5 and house rental, hahaha.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Partial delamination? Does this mean it needs replacing? And I'm fine buddy, thanks for asking :) Just been veeeeery busy lately, pouring all my mental resources into university and financial resources into the MX-5 and house rental, hahaha.
Well the noise mine was making was enough to make me want to change it haha! It didn't strike me as being unsafe though.

There's always something to spend money on eh... have to say though the MX-5 build sounds very interesting!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.