Choco's Obnoxious Blue 1.2 S.

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
How much? :)

Aw man, it's the effort more than anything to get these. Spent about £100 in total, had to buy each unit separately! Now they are finally assembled after an epic quest.

No, seriously. Ebay, 24/7 Spares, scrappies. These are pretty hard to find, if they ever appear in the for sale section, they get snapped up within a matter of minutes. Buying separately was the only way.

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Have you got any pics of them on the car?

Nah, not yet. The last unit had water in it when it arrived (typical!), so it's still on the radiator drying out before I try to seal it with silica - so it's on standby for the moment, I'd look a bit silly with 3 Cupra lights and 1 Ibiza light! :cartman:

Should be interesting, I've never seen an Electric Blue (I think) Cupra or FR - so I'll be the first to have Cupra lights on a car of my colour! At least, a member of a very exclusive club! :)

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Hey guys, finally fitted my Cupra lights.

One light had a few leaks, and was full of water. A couple of days on the radiator later, it was time to seal it up with silicon. This doesn't look great upon close inspection, but it's better than having a light full of water :confused:

DSC_0109.jpg

Replacing the tailgate lights is very easy, however, after having read a few tutorials about removing the body lights a couple of months ago, and having to whack them, I was a little bit anxious about doing it. Turns out it was easy as pie, and for those who are still cautious about doing it, here are some process pictures :

1) Remove the bolts. They're under rubber stoppers. Fairly easy.

DSC_0110.jpg

2) This is the "hard" bit. It came to naturally where to hit it - it's common sense really. Thump the lights with your palm firmly - but only a little bit of strength is required to shift them.

DSC_0111copy.jpg

3) Here is the light in my hand afterwards :

DSC_0112.jpg

4) This screw holds in the lightbulb assembly. Undo it and the the light unit just slides off now.
DSC_0114.jpg

5) Ta-da!
DSC_0115.jpg

Now for the fun part.
DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

What do you guys think? Not too sure, now that I've done it. But I've committed to it, and I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Last edited:

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Maybe they'd look better lightly tinted?

They would, but I'm afraid of tinting them again to be honest. The whole thing that set off the light upgrade was that I brutally messed up tinting the old lights - I wouldn't risk it myself! :p

They look better than the standard ones against the blue dude

Glad you think so, it's reassuring!

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
I think it's for Double DIN's that can play films, basically means when the handbrake isn't on you can't watch a film. but there are ways of bypassing it :)

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I think it's for Double DIN's that can play films, basically means when the handbrake isn't on you can't watch a film. but there are ways of bypassing it :)

Got it in one mate :D plus i can't use custom wallpapers until i connect it which is annoying. May give this a go tomorrow, i just hope it isn't too time consuming. I really need one of those manuals :p

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Yeah that fabia one looks exactly like my facelift one, made the back look much better on mine

Those rear lights look great, i'd be tempted to get some myself but the pre-facelift ones really match the colour of my car nicely

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.