Chris Evans reviews the Cupra 280

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
A good review but not sure what he means by the interior knobs bending and falling off. First I've heard of this. Yes the interior quality isn't quite up to the standard of a Golf R or Audi S3 but it's certainly not cheap looking or flawed in my opinion. and you also get a far better discount with higher spec as standard on the Cupra making it a far cheaper option which should offset the lower residual value but only time will tell.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
A good review but not sure what he means by the interior knobs bending and falling off. First I've heard of this. Yes the interior quality isn't quite up to the standard of a Golf R or Audi S3 but it's certainly not cheap looking or flawed in my opinion. and you also get a far better discount with higher spec as standard on the Cupra making it a far cheaper option which should offset the lower residual value but only time will tell.

If you read on, he was saying that he was expecting the quality to be like that, but actually admits it's as good as a golf, and gives the Cupra the edge in the end.:D

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Do you think someone at seat was having a bit of fun, all the Cupra colours to choose from and they gave him a ginger coloured one:D

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
A radio DJ that collects Ferraris has no credence with me when it comes to less ordinary cars. Just a celeb commissioned by the Daily Nazi to pull in the readers, IMHO.

Exactly my thoughts! What a tool. He should just jog on in his golf rather than wasting everyone's time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
So you don't like Chris Evans then I guess. Shame, as he's probably forgotten more about cars than some of you will ever know.
I very much doubt it. As a media personality I quite like him. As a puppet to increase the Daily Fail's circulation figures - GTFO!

Take your tongue out of his arsehole and you might think more clearly. ;)

Last edited:

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
So you don't like Chris Evans then I guess. Shame, as he's probably forgotten more about cars than some of you will ever know.

He probably does know quite a bit about cars with the money he has and number of cars he has bought and owns. However, I agree his reviews are poor...so much about family/friends/holidays/trips/kids/feeling ill...at least half of the review is about something other than the relevant car.
The Cupra was probably a hard used press example that had been abused, hence the loose bits. I have had my Mk3 for 15 months and nothing has fallen off or even come loose. At the end of the day though, and if you could manage to read the review through all the faff to the end, he did think the Cupra was awesome....and I so want one !

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent

I always used to think he was okay.. Fellow car fan after all, and I dislike the MK3 & a lot it represents, but from a single review I think he's a fool, what makes you think he's so clever? Teach us Mini Evans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Yellow, Orange, Blue etc are probably being reserved for a future update. To get everyone to buy one again, typical marketing.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members