Cigarette lighter to work on ignition live?

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
hi everyone, just a quick question to the best way to make this happen I'd like my cigarette lighter to work with my ignition I've read somewhere to feed the positive of the radio live? I'll be getting someone to do it just wanna get an idea to whats the best way
Cheers boys and girls.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there. But the lighter already works with ignition on (light on the dash)... yours don't?

With the car totaly off you need to wire it from red live from radio.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Hi yeah the lighter works permanently without the key in the ignition so I'd like it to work with the ignition so on off with the key. I know the radio is ignition feed ill get there lol

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Useful it works all the time. Can charge phones etc without needing key in car.
Love this feature and sucks my Honda doesn’t do it.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Useful it works all the time. Can charge phones etc without needing key in car.
Love this feature and sucks my Honda doesn’t do it.

Hi bud,
Yeah it is a great feature ill admit that, but the car gets used very little so you know how it is jump out the motor and you completely forget, so I wanna change me forgetting to and not leave anything draining my battery lol.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Sadly can’t help as I’m rubbish with circuitry.

Don't worry buddy I am too, pretty good with most other things but wires and invisible death not good im sure its a simple job an auto electrician can do won't be much cash i bet.

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
I always thought the cig lighter had an ignition feed anyway (most cars do). Are you sure it doesn't go dead after a few minutes when the car sleeps?

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Nope my lcr doesn't get used much at all and the cig lighter is a perm +live, handy actually as I use a solar trickle charger to feed few mvolts back in.
As u say ur head unit will have a switched live(and perm live) so very easy to pick up here and run down to cig lighter. No need to mess with grnd /neutral side

Reactions: Homer Simpson

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah as mentioned above its permanent live, which for me i didn't want although that does have its advantages as anni25pd has stated but I don't use mine alot but didn't want to forget leaving anything in to drain the motor, its sorted i i wired it a ignition fuse biggyback did not wanna cut into the radio wires.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.