Clay??

ianmartin83

seen people speaking about this clay bars and just wandered how you use them? i have got quite a lot of tar round the bottom of my car and wanted to try this. please help:confused:

Mat

you tried a tar remover first?

Clay bars required a QD as lube. (unless you have BH Auto Clay which only needs water).

To use, just rub across the paint work with gentle strokes

johnson19

A car clay bar is an essential car detailing tool that targets the common enemy of every car finish: pollution that causes automotive paint contamination. It relentlessly pursues your car from the second it leaves the factory until your car meets its ultimate demise. It's in the air we breathe, it's on the roads we drive, and it attaches to your car's paint, where it bonds and begins a process of oxidation.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
I've used the Meguiars Quik Clay kit for years now - it's a pretty slow process but you can feel the difference on the surface of the metal as well as see it. Well worth it if you want your car looking factory fresh.

JamJay

California Bound
I've never looked back since using the Meguiars Clay Kit. My paint is smoother, shinier, deeper & has helped counteract the famous Ovni Yellow paint fade as well as helping to restore colour. £25 well spent!

I just want to throw another question in though...when should you renew your clay bars?

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
Best thing for Tar removal, is to spray a liberal amount of carb cleaner spray on a rag & rub over the affected area's lightly..
Then wash, Clay & polish the area Etc.

Works like a dream ....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.