clicking noise on altea

gaz258

hello
just been driving the wifes 1.9tdi ref sport altea and i noticed a sort of clicking/ticking sound when pressing the clutch to change gear. any ideas?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

redlockrasta

2007 Altea XL 2.0 TDI Stylance
Mar 31, 2010
Warwickshire
Centre console ticking

Hello, a clicking / ticking noise? is it only when you depress the clutch? only my Altea makes what I would descibe as a clicking / ticking noise inside the car that seemes to come from the centre console. Back to your question, do you think that it is something serious that needs to be checked out or is it just something normal to all atleas?

gaz258

Hello, a clicking / ticking noise? is it only when you depress the clutch? only my Altea makes what I would descibe as a clicking / ticking noise inside the car that seemes to come from the centre console. Back to your question, do you think that it is something serious that needs to be checked out or is it just something normal to all atleas?

the car has done 32000 and its the first time ive heard it. the noise to me seems to be from the front left and the rear left and can be heard at times without pressing the clutch. havent a clue if its serious or not, hopefully someone can give advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

neilcw

My FR TDi does it too so I think it's perfectly normal. It comes from behind the dash on the passenger side but there are so many electronics on cars these days that it's hard to know what it is. It would be interesting to know whether the petrol models do it too but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. It's probably just a noisy relay or something. One thing I have just remembered is that when you put the car in reverse it automatically puts the recirculator on in the heating and ventilation system (without the visual indication on the dashboard) so it could be connected with that.

8MU

2.0 TDI Sport here, we get the clicking ticking from the centre console area, seems to be at random no pattern that Ive found yet,untill something stops working Im not to fussed about it

goonerjs

Same here. Given nobody appears to be having any problems i'll scratch this off my list of things to be concerned about! :D

trickycustomer

I had this too on my 1.9TDI. Closer investigation revealed noise was coming from the heater temp control. Had this reset twice at the SEAT garage. Done the trick.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
And the clicking usually stops when you press the recirc button??? The noise drives the misses insane!

I will give mine a reset and see if it solves the problem. Should be a simple vag-com adaption.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.