Climate Control Fan noise/clicking

Crisis

Drove the car about 1 or 2 miles this morning then a rapid clicking noise started. Turned off the music, opened and closed vents, checked for loose parts then turned the fan down... sound slows down... turned the fan off and the noise stops.

Was fine before, could the fan be catching on something or is it just knackered? I have no idea how to get to the fan.

Suggestions? Its annoying not being able to have the heat blowing into my face on a freezing cold morning!

FYI its an FR TDI.

Done some searching, found similar issues but not the same. Also I don't have the Air Con turned on (so have ECON light on) would that make any difference over time? Did on my last car, needed to blow the aircon through.

Cheers

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
my car makes a clicking noise when cc is on even though the fan is not even on i thinnk it might be a electrical fault although all settings still work.

Crisis

Best way to describe the noise is if you have one of those battery hand held fans and u put ur finger next to it, making that catching noise.

Oddly after a 5min drive today it went away. But everything worked before during and after the noise went.

I'll put it in the electrical one off box like when my dash (speedo, odo) just died then came back to life.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.