Clutch Cable mk3 ibiza 1.4

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
My biting points high! and pulled away from 3rd a few times by accident lol, it was a bit jerky and tried 5th my clutch was stinking!!

haha so im not the only one, yea happens to me, pull up to the college car park barrier, forgettin that its in 2nd or 3rd and it just moves i go to move it up to a higher gear and think to myself what the hell is it doing in that gear :cartman:

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
My biting points high! and pulled away from 3rd a few times by accident lol, it was a bit jerky and tried 5th my clutch was stinking!!

they do smell up abit easy on these, if 3rd gear won't stall the car from standstill then its possible a new clutch is needed

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
Cainer, how do you find the hills when theres traffic, gotta put loads of revs on, for your car not to stall? lol, hate the rush hour in the mornin loL

Cainer

Nov 9, 2008
not too many i keep biting point with about 1 and a half pulls away nicly smooth sometimes but i think thats me :p 2 2 and half thousand revs

ash_ibiza

hi mate, ive got a 1.4 s mk3 and my clutch was like yours! its really worth it to get the whole clutch for 60-65 quid.. thats what i did with mine! but saying that, yours shouldnt need changing as your car has very low mileage!

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
hi mate, ive got a 1.4 s mk3 and my clutch was like yours! its really worth it to get the whole clutch for 60-65 quid.. thats what i did with mine! but saying that, yours shouldnt need changing as your car has very low mileage!

hey mate, my cars done jus under 70k, did u get ur clutch fitted from a garage? if so do you mind me asking how much u paid in total? cheers

NorcyUK

i had exactly the same problem.. luckily my brothers a mechanic and he said the clutch cable was too tight? all he did was adjust it a bit and the bits much lower and its alot nicer to drive

clarkey-cool/s

Braindead
Mar 24, 2008
Mine was changes at 72k. If you look in the engine bay theres an adjuster on the clutch cable which can be used to adjust your biting point and eek some extra life out of your clutch, but this shouldn't be used as a long term fix, I used it literally to get to the clutch place. I used Mr Clutch, they were good, quick and it cost me about 90 quid.

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
Mine was changes at 72k. If you look in the engine bay theres an adjuster on the clutch cable which can be used to adjust your biting point and eek some extra life out of your clutch, but this shouldn't be used as a long term fix, I used it literally to get to the clutch place. I used Mr Clutch, they were good, quick and it cost me about 90 quid.

£90 all in? ? :confused: parts plus labour and all the vat crap?

stoke1863

Mine was craptastic too. Realy hard and needed crap loads of revs on hills. I could pull off in 3rd no problems. I had a new one fitted (£180 i havent a clue about cars so a mate of a mate fitted it) at about 62k and now its MUCH better. Its now soft and pulls away easily. Still can pull away in 3rd though

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
Mine was craptastic too. Realy hard and needed crap loads of revs on hills. I could pull off in 3rd no problems. I had a new one fitted (£180 i havent a clue about cars so a mate of a mate fitted it) at about 62k and now its MUCH better. Its now soft and pulls away easily. Still can pull away in 3rd though

how about pulling away, has that improved vastly? well anything would be better than what i have atm lol

stoke1863

how about pulling away, has that improved vastly? well anything would be better than what i have atm lol

Ahh trust me i wanted to sell my car the clutch was sooo ****, i even avoided hills. Pulling away on hills is much much better now

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
Ahh trust me i wanted to sell my car the clutch was sooo ****, i even avoided hills. Pulling away on hills is much much better now

haha sme as me hate the hills in the morning rush hour lol, so £300 seems alot for just a clutch then doesnt it?

stoke1863

haha sme as me hate the hills in the morning rush hour lol, so £300 seems alot for just a clutch then doesnt it?

If thats what you are quoted it seems the going rate for a normal garage.

Just find some mechanic you know or that a mate knows

stoke1863

might ask around motor mechanics at college see if anyone wants a go lol

yea good luck mine was £180 from a mate of a mate.

I remeber saying it was a bitch of a job becuase my clutch virtualy ripped my cable to shreds or something. I was also told my clutch pedal wont last long

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
yea good luck mine was £180 from a mate of a mate.

I remeber saying it was a bitch of a job becuase my clutch virtualy ripped my cable to shreds or something. I was also told my clutch pedal wont last long

yea apparently its a common fault with the mk3's the clutch pedal snapping, so a few people have welded the pedals, god knows how

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.