Clutch, it go bang.

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Our new Leon FR TDI, 3wks old 600miles, clutch hasn't felt right and we get the occasional whiff of something so we called Holders of Congresbury and was meant to be going there on Monday for a test drive.

Except it didn't get to Monday, its gone bang. Pedal isnt doing anything.

Other half is waiting for SEAT Assist..........:wtf: :censored: [:@] :-o

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
As you say, it hasn't felt right.... least the dealer doesn't need to try and find out what "doesn't feel right" now :)

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
aaleon.JPG

The guy at Avis said "you'll like this hire car, its a Sport"

Ford Focus Sport 1.8 TDCI :lol: Sport in name only.

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Least the truck matches the colour ;)

Oohh.. what's that written under the left hand rear light bit.
leonothercar.JPG

We've got a pair of smarts, an early cabrio thats up for sale soon (in bright yellow) and a 3yr old BRABUS coupe with 105bhp!!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
That's a sad sight :(

Hope it gets sorted soon. Holders is my local dealer. Keep us posted how you get on.

Scott
I wonder if they bend the rules to get them in sooner, cos I know Holders normally book 3wks ahead for servicing. Also, anyone know what the procedure is for holding on to this lovely (not) hire car?

Triple D

Burning smell :hhmm: i et its completely burnt out then, no friction lining on the drive plate, so no drive, and no gears aswell. Is it a LUK clutch in these or Sachs?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I wonder if they bend the rules to get them in sooner, cos I know Holders normally book 3wks ahead for servicing. Also, anyone know what the procedure is for holding on to this lovely (not) hire car?

I'm sure they allow for unexpected problem arrivals. I'm sure they won't leave you without your car for three weeks.

Scott

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Our new Leon FR TDI, 3wks old 600miles, clutch hasn't felt right and we get the occasional whiff of something so we called Holders of Congresbury and was meant to be going there on Monday for a test drive.

Except it didn't get to Monday, its gone bang. Pedal isnt doing anything.

Other half is waiting for SEAT Assist..........:wtf: :censored: [:@] :-o

This is not part of a earlier problem is it, see this thread that I raised back in March07

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
But is thought to affect ALL VW derivitaves that use this clutch system??!!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
I'm very fortunate in that respect, we have 4cars between the 2 of us. Oh and a mate who works within the VAG organisation @ MK!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
I wouldnt be so sure
How did you know? SEAT UK rulez is that the dealer who is repairing the car provides replacement transport. Holders dont have anything to loan, so the supplying dealer is hiring us a Golf for a week. Dunno how he's going to get this back from SEAT UK mind you.

This side of things is a VERY poor show from SEAT UK. Even Vauxhall wouldn't have left a customer without transport, but part of the VAG empire :banned:

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Sorry, yes, back on 18th April. Not sure what parts fitted - def clutch & flywheel but im sure that clutch master cylinder and gearbox were mentioned. It now drives ok but still stinks of clutch even now. They had it back for another look but say the smell is lingering not a new smell.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.