clutch pedal snapped!!

chris999

listen to this... i was happily driving along, i go to change gear and when i put my foot down on the clutch i feel a click, then my biting point went from being at the top to almost at the bottom. 5 mins later i park up, put it into neutral applie the clutch to see wot it done and CLICK the clutch pedal flies to the back and stays there, and a little white plastic clip drops down from the top of the clutch pedal. I pulled the pedal back up, it stays in position then you push it again and it flies to the back again. So i have no pressure on the clutch. spoke to a mechanic and he thinks it is the pedal is broke on the metal rod or something at the top of lever where the plastic clip is supposed to clip on??!!

sorry for the long story i just wondered if anyone else has had this before, cos i am thinking i will need a new pedal!!:blink: where would i pick one up cheap or anyone no how much the stealers would sting me.

cheers for your time reading this.

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
look at my post from a few days ago! called clutch pedal snapped! this happened to mine last week! lucky u were parked when it happened i was driving along!

Chris111

Flying Banana!
Feb 28, 2005
Leicester
Mine did the same but did it while it was in for a brake checkup. Mine ended up costing me close to £300.00 but they said doing this damaged something else to do with the hydraulics. Wasn't to sure whether they were pulling a fast one or not??????

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members