Clutch Pedal Spring

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Was checking my steering column bolts this weekend as per a recent forum thread and as I took the plastic cover off I noticed a large spring resting inside the cover. After looking over a few diagrams I think it's the over-center spring (number 20 in the diagram below)

721250.png

I wondered why my clutch has been feeling strange lately!! looks like the spring has come unseated but question is how do I refit?? I was working on my own and was finding it difficult to depress the pedal and force the spring back into it's mount, any ideas??

thanks,

dai cupra

mate i had same problem what a :censored: it was u just got to hold pedal and spring at same time and its a fiddly job took me about 1hour :lol: need any help pm me pal

May 16, 2008
southampton
j king with out the spring did u have any side move ment in the pedal as my brake and clutch pedal move about 1-2 cm side to side if i hold them..

bditai

ibiza clutch pedal spring

hi, i have Ibiza 99, i took the clutch pedal out and i cant find part 23 in the picture.

i put the pedal back in without part 23 with the spring it seems to be working fine but
i am afraid that nothing is attached to the pedal (no bolts or something like that).

bditai

That's exactly what i did, but did you use part numbered 23 in the picture above?

i haven't used it because i think it wasn't there, i hope so anyway...

the spring isnt attached to anything by bolts or something like that it just sits there by

pressuring the clutch pedal right?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
The spring, (part number 20) has two end caps, and possibly something in the middle of the spring, I think part #23, is just one of the end caps, white iirc.

It should slot into place on the back of the pedal.

bditai

Thanks forbez, that's what i thought.

that it's the back of the spring and not an extra part.

i'm relived now. :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.