Coil over kits on Ebay.

browner01

Mikey B
Oct 4, 2007
I bought a jamex coilover kit from ebay once, it was the worst thing i done...

when they eventually arrived after a month or two and i came to fit them they were the worst fit you could possibly immagine, there was only a couple of mm thread at the top to get the bolt on.

although this was for my old bora and was jamex, be carefull

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
paulycupra runs a set of ta tecniks coilovers on his, i think they are the same as the ones in the like, they are actually quite good, smooth, and handle really well, i would definately buy a set on the next car i get

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Cheers for the feedback guys, I'm still just as confused though!!!
My feelings precisely on buying cheaper products - buy cheap, buy twice. But unfortunately you don't know until you've taken the plunge. £210 (inc postage) is certainly cheap for what you are getting, but it doesn't always mean the most expensive is best does it?
I'll wait for more feedback!!

*Update*
Had contact with the sellers, the components are manufactured/assembled/made in Berlin, Germany.

Last edited:

darmon

I bought these about 2 weeks ago.

They're from belgium- and they arrived within 3 days.

Anyway, they were fitted without problem- they arent the easiest to adjust, but it is do-able obviously.

The quality seems gd- and its definitely alot sturdier now i've got them on.

So all in all, i'm quite impressed with them.

And they really do improve the stance of the car.

I dont have experience in coilovers so I cant compare them to other coilover sets, but compared the original suspension its much sturdier, feels much nicer round corners.

I'd recommend them.

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
I bought these about 2 weeks ago.

They're from belgium- and they arrived within 3 days.

Anyway, they were fitted without problem- they arent the easiest to adjust, but it is do-able obviously.

The quality seems gd- and its definitely alot sturdier now i've got them on.

So all in all, i'm quite impressed with them.

And they really do improve the stance of the car.

I dont have experience in coilovers so I cant compare them to other coilover sets, but compared the original suspension its much sturdier, feels much nicer round corners.

I'd recommend them.

Whats the ride quality like & does the car crash over bumps? Obviously I want it stiffer but don't want to live in the oesteopaths either!!
Is your car a petrol or an oiler??

Last edited:

darmon

what seller did you buy yours from m8? do you have a cupra r?

erm.....I think it was Dolce Tuning or something like that.

Everything was done very quickly and posted and received very quickly.

I havent got a Cupra R unfortunately- insurance wont allow- but I have the 1.8 20V.

darmon

FR+TDI, mines 1.8 20V Petrol.

The ride quality has improved, can definitely feel an improvement around corners, its not amazingly stiffer, but enough so that you can feel a difference.

Unfortunately, the garage I park my car in is down a large steep hill, so the ride height of my car is at about 60-70mm all around. If you are taking people around, you can hear the exhaust scrap quite a lot when you go over a speed bump, no matter what speed- thats just because of how low the car is.

But when I have 1 or 2 people in the car, its fine.

Obviously, I do take speedbumps alot slower now, as the Leons tend to be quite low in the first place, and if you have an R, you have the splitter to compensate also.

I'm very happy with mine at around -70mm though, looks gd, handles well, everyones happy :D

jamiebennett81

personally I would avoid at all costs

bought cheap suspension once and learnt my lesson...it fell apart!!

why spend all that money on a decent car, to then only upgrade with cheap parts?

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
personally I would avoid at all costs

bought cheap suspension once and learnt my lesson...it fell apart!!

why spend all that money on a decent car, to then only upgrade with cheap parts?

Agreed, hence the reason I asked the question! But as I've said earlier, most expensive isn't necessarily the best is it.....

As you can see, darmon is pleased with his purchase.

jamiebennett81

Agreed, hence the reason I asked the question! But as I've said earlier, most expensive isn't necessarily the best is it.....

As you can see, darmon is pleased with his purchase.

true, the most expensive is not always the best, but on here the consensus of opinions is certianly one to go with and the best choice IMO would be KW's or Bilsteins

the new inox line is very good from KW as they are all stainless steel

I think with the Bilsteins they still require lubing

I have just bought set of KW variant 1's and the quality is outstanding:D

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
just so ppl are aware... a coilover kit made for a cupra will NOT fit a LCR! :no:

the LCR needs drop links (like the TT) and it uses the mk4 golf rear so you know! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.