Coilover Issues Dodgy noise

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
Hello All,

I'm at a loss, recently just fitted some fk konigsport silverline x's to my 02 plate cupra all went on fine drives fine etc!!!

However when stationary steering the steering wheel lock to lock it makes a donking like sound like the coil is moving only on one side though had the shock off twice can't figure it out!!!

Can't be cv joint cos it didn't do it before I lowered it!!! had new topmounts and new bearings!!!
Anyone got any suggestions or tips!!!

Cheers guys its well pi#ssing me off!!![:@]

R0b

Nov 3, 2006
yeh as the roll bar is a different size and wont come into contact with the driveshafs

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Did you re-fit the top mount bearings thats sit between the coilover and the top mount?

I get one knock/clunk on the drivers side, have no idea what it is tho, got a feeling its the ARB bushes.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Hello All,

I'm at a loss, recently just fitted some fk konigsport silverline x's to my 02 plate cupra all went on fine drives fine etc!!!

However when stationary steering the steering wheel lock to lock it makes a donking like sound like the coil is moving only on one side though had the shock off twice can't figure it out!!!

Can't be cv joint cos it didn't do it before I lowered it!!! had new topmounts and new bearings!!!
Anyone got any suggestions or tips!!!

Cheers guys its well pi#ssing me off!!![:@]

I doubt its roll bar hitting anything on an ibiza.
The boing/ping kinda noise is the springs turning on their seats, binding up under lock until they "boing" and spring round.

Very common.
Can be alleviated by greasing the platforms to springs etc, but this is a normal sound on coilies.

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
Yeah i did fit the bearing rings back on and brand new ones at that!! Never encountered this on my mk1 golf or mk2 before might try greasing the seats!!!

Just want to ask one more question(sorry) does anyones water light and bueezer come on when its cold for no reason. Guy at local dealership said it was a common fault with the bottle does that sound about right!!

Cheers Matt

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Yeah i did fit the bearing rings back on and brand new ones at that!! Never encountered this on my mk1 golf or mk2 before might try greasing the seats!!!

Just want to ask one more question(sorry) does anyones water light and bueezer come on when its cold for no reason. Guy at local dealership said it was a common fault with the bottle does that sound about right!!

Cheers Matt

IIRC its the sensor inside the bottle therefore you need the whole unit bottle included, I belive its quite commen yes, hasnt happend to myself YET!

David.

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
Thanks guys for your suggestions going to drop both front coilies tomorrow and grease up the seats!! What would you guys use copper slip, a lithium grease or my old man's whitbread winch boat grease!!!
Hey Bill remember seeing your jetta outside autotecnik in soton few years back and talkin to vanessa bout it and your ibiza was there as well, did you or still do drive a s8?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
my sensible road car is the S8 yea.. still got it, its me tow car.
Jetta's moved on to new owner, and sold recently and is back local to me again. small world.
regards
bill

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.