Coilover Queries

Marc_4

Deceptacon ibiza
been a wee while since my Last Post but I need advice.

This is How My Car sits on KW V1's with the back fully screwed down and Plenty left on the front

IMG_7457.jpg

now a few Questions,

Q.1 The Wheels scrape when turning and going hard over big bumps (Those unexpected big bumps) now Im hazarding a Guess that its the inner guards as there no way is the wheel touching the arches, so is there a piece I can cut out to stop this horrible noise?

Q.2 as the back is down as far and the only two options I can think of to get it Lower is remove the Hight adjuster or Cut some Coils (Not a fan of driving a dangerous car) is there a shorter spring that can be bought to drop the Back down more?

Cheers

Marc

Matt_TDI

Apr 8, 2007
usually there are the main springs then a platform then some tiny springs, take the tiny ones out

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
those MAX's old ones

id of thought KWs would of went lower-my FKs did , only way really is to take the adjuster out , but i dunno how secure the spring would be

as for the bumps i dunno , i never had any scrappage on mine ,

stoney

(lisburnni rms)

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I took the adjuster out the back of mines, made it drop quite a lot.

Still need to bring the front down more, but the ARB is catching the driveshaft and I'm waiting on new droplinks to come.

Marc_4

Deceptacon ibiza
205 Tyres on it,

TBH im not totally sure on the ET would have to take a wheel off, but they came off a corrado and afaik they fitted perfectly on that if that helps give an Idea.

going to wait until after the first service before I remove the adjuster to be on the safe side then see what happens

@ Stoney, yeah they are Max's old Ones!

holmesy55

Feb 15, 2007
Northern Ireland
How much did it cost you to fit them and where did you get it done if you dont mind me asking? Have been considering coilovers for a while now and just want a rough idea how much it will cost all in.

I think its sitting nice, but maybe a tad lower at the back would be the business. Looks well tho. :thumbup: