cold side dv kit

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
Heres mine, got the bits myself from local motorsport place. just made the dv a bit more responsive and louder as its nearer the grill. this pic was a good while ago though...more blue pipes now and i bit tidyer!

DSC00152.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i think forge should think about getting one made for our car as i think it would sell well,

i think alot of people with split-r valve would buy one just because it would make it that bit louder because the dv would be very near the front grill

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Just to add, B3NPM_Cupra's dv is only louder after fitting the kit due to it being a split R which vents air from the valve itself. Switching to cold side with a recirc valve will make it quieter as it vents back through the air filter.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
would us people buy a kit if there was one for our car?

i know it can be made up, but i think it just looks alot nicer with it being the proper kit

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I dont get what you mean, the forge one isnt car specific. Its generic.

Its a metal t-piece for the intercooler pipe, 25mm superflex tubing, 25mm 90 degree plastic elbow and jubilees with vac hoses. Aint worth the money or the time, effort and gains, if there are any.

Last edited:

fozzie-foster

I'de definately buy one.....my split-r sounds awesome witht he bonnet open, but once shut you cant hear a thing!!!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Oh yeah, you cant fit one if you have a forge FMIC. The elbow/pipe off the inlet manifold isnt long or straight enough to get a T-piece into it.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
never mind about that T-piece im on about the hole silicone hose mold with the dv pipe/hole already on it

it just looks soooo much betta

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
They sell those already. iirc its a 60mm t-piece, the peipe for the DV will be 25mm on the t-pieces anyway.

So its easy to make a kit.