Colour co-ordinating Front Bumper (Lower Centre section)

bizzaboy

Hi Guys,

I know a few people here (mainly with Red Leons) have painted the Front Bumper lower section Black, for a very smart contrast.

How is the best way of completing this?
Does the lower centre Grille need to removed first, for full access to the bottom of the bumper? Or, is it painted with the Grille left intact (just the part thats visible)?

....Thinking about using Vinyl but with the Grille in place, could be tricky.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I did mine so my cup spoiler looked better when fitted. It looked a bit odd with red line running across it. I sprayed mine myself after carefully masking up the surrounding area then by using a touch up pen did the red brackets behind the grille.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I am thinking the same myself,
You can`t get to the grille from underneath by taking off the undertray. Could try from inside the fog lamp grilles, they come off easy:shrug:
Think it would be bumper off to do it carefully without breaking any fixings. I have seen a few painted without removing but you can still see the lower fixings in the original colour behind the grill?
You will need to either do a good prep job or get it done profesionally or it will all come off after a few stone chips and look a right mess:redface: