Come on Cordy drivers!

Cordy_Matt

Static drops get you laid
Oct 10, 2010
Scunthorpe
Best come up with some more mods to stay ahead then :)

Or you could mod your car because you want too?? ;) haha j/k
I have a few ideas for your car Ice, have you thought about using a non-cupra mk3 bumper, and smoothing it?? if i were to do the conversion (was looking at it at the scrappers the other day.... until i saw your thread lol) that's what i would do, as i think the cupra bumper is a little predictable??
anyways thats just me and i'm weird :funk:
Matt

Last edited:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Or you could mod your car because you want too?? ;) haha j/k
I have a few ideas for your car Ice, have you thought about using a non-cupra mk3 bumper, and smoothing it?? if i were to do the conversion (was looking at it at the scrappers the other day.... until i saw your thread lol) that's what i would do, as i think the cupra bumper is a little predictable??
anyways thats just me and i'm weird :funk:
Matt

Na I like the Mk3 Cupra front. The interior will be the main feature once I get the outside sorted :)

Cordy_Matt

Oct 10, 2010
Scunthorpe
i like the sound of that, thats the only thing imo that lets the Seat's down, dodgy interior.... trying to jazz up old vw cast offs is like what strictly come dancing is doing with Ann Widdecombe hehe

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Mine rattles like a rabbits arse in the glare of the headlights. Plastic, plastic everywhere and there's some kind of stuff they use on the door handles and that, always coming off and lookin scabby. If I could do a custom interior I would for sure but all I've got are a couple of seats from my Mk1 Mr2 lol.

Cordy_Matt

Oct 10, 2010
Scunthorpe
Ebayyyyyyy!!! haha. one mans devastating prang (no-one injured of course) is anothers chance for a cool interior! then you just need patience, a tape-measure, a grinder and a welder..... prestooo!! nice pew's :D

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
ex seat uk track car sprayed black? its been living at the nurburgring for the past couple of years I think.

Well pleased to report that the Cordy Stu refers to has been in my hands for just over a year now. As Stu said, it had spent the last 3 summers living at the 'ring owned by a couple of friends who used it as a car to learn the circuit.

I bought it last November to replace my 8v Ibiza GTi as my trackday toy and have been slowly getting it ready which culminated in a run on JKM's rollers on 13th Nov on the BriSkoda / Cupra.net RR day, and followed that up with a successful track debut at Snetterton on the 14th.

Track1.jpg

Thanks to Martin M for the piccie :thumbup:

So, what have I done to it? Well for those of you that know Dinky Dave's Kiwi Mk2 Ibiza will recall he moved onto Throttle Bodies earlier in the year. Well I bought all the engine mods from Dave's car when he got his TBs, namely:
  • Schrick 268 Cams
  • Polished & ported head
  • Throttle Body machined to remove small taper just before the butterfly and the lip on the back.
  • Pipercross Vector Induction Kit
  • TSR 4-1 manifold
  • De-cat
  • Custom stainless exhaust
  • ECU remap
It was putting out 166bhp at JKM's rolling road:

CordyDyno13-11-10.gif

I know this is 15 - 20 less than it should be. Unfortunately I couldn't get Dave's remapped ECU to work in my car (it starts but then immediately cuts out - the part number is slightly different), and Saxon who did the work to both mine seem to have got as far as they can with their own remap. I'm therefore booked in to see Vince at Stealth Racing on the 7th December. They did the original remap on Dave's ECU - just a shame I can't reuse it...

I've also transferred quite a few bits from my Ibiza:
  • Neuspeed Front & Rear ARBs
  • 10mm rear spacers
  • Front strut brace
  • Hubs converted to studs
  • Momo steering wheel
  • DTM mirrors
And the car already had:
  • Stripped out interior
  • Rollcage
  • Bucket Seats
  • Drivers 5 point / Passenger 4 point harnesses
  • Koni adjustable suspension
  • Rolled rear arches
I also added the Morette front lights which I know are very marmite! My excuse is it had a busted front grille and the Morettes came up on the forum and were already black.

So what else is planned:
  • I'll be slowly removing more weight from the car
  • Relocate the battery to the boot as I did with the Ibiza
  • Get a better cold air feed and build a heat shield for the induction kit
  • I need to tidy up the bodywork a bit
  • Replace the leccy windows with wind ups
  • Try to get the indicators to sit better with the Morette lights!
  • Fit some DS2500 pads and new front discs
  • Get my Toyo R888s mounted on my Compomotive MOs.
Other than that, she'll be my new trackday toy and I'm hoping to be out on track as much as possible in 2011 after only a single outing in 2010.

Last edited:

iJason111

I got a 5 door version of Mr Noisy's car.. And it's just stock at the moment.. I've been searching and searching for a car to base my mods on and now I've found one ;) What a BEAUT!

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I keep saying it but one day i will get some decent pics of mine posted up.

I "may" have the chance to get my hands on a tdi SX next year aswell but it needs alot of work to get it up to a decent standard

iJason111

A few pictures of my Cordoba SE, 1998, 1.6L.. I'm looking to mod it up a bit, maybe bigger alloys and lowered slightly?
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

10x7ztd.jpg

11v4epj.jpg

fz0wer.jpg

Plans for the Future:
Refurbish Alloys/Get 17's..
Remove Spoiler..
Lower 40mm..
Tint Back Windows..
Fully De-badge..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.