Confused about car-lack or maybe I'm not...

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Right I think I'm a little confused, but maybe not I might have this right.

OK I've been looking at the carlack68 SC product as I want to try and start from a good base before waxing the car ( she looked dull at Donny so needs a damn good clean )

I'd been thinking about trying P21S as a wax. So the question is do I use SC then P21S or SC -> LLS -> P21S?

Pete

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
You can use all 3, if i understand correctly. Give it a good clean, then use the SC to clean it further and give you the acylic sealed base. Then add as many layers of LLC as you want to build up the shine, then add a wax on top of that.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well i did, the SC, then just one layer of LLC for the moment, but if the weather holds for weekend (it wont) :p Im goign to do another layer of the LLC.

Now ive done the SC layer, its good for a few months now, just keeping it topped up with the LLC.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Cheers Mark!

Pete,

Carnauba Wax based products would always be applied *after* the sealant. Some people prefer to apply CL68SC and then P21S Wax. Others apply CL68SC + CL68LLS +CL68LLS and so on.. you could finally apply P21S once you are satisfied that enough acrylic sealant layers are on the bodywork; after which you would just apply P21S on a weekly/monthly basis. I simply prefer to stick to CL68LLS with maybe a spray QD to 'fluff it up' for those special occasions. ;)

Mark

john_ach

Apr 25, 2006
My week old Leon is now covered in little specs all over the paint, the dealer has had a look at it n theyre gonna get the paint guy to do what he does to get rid of it, polish it and stuff.

Im a bit fed up of this damage as it got my Ibiza too and I managed to get it resprayed under warranty.

Whats the best protection? SC then a few layers of LLC and then shine til it hurts ur eyes with P21s wax?

Also does the carlack stuff help with alloys? Im amazed how quickly they get dirty, still I like the anthracite look.

Also Mr CarSparkle do you have any nice offers on these products (And do you know when the P21s kit will be back n how much)??

When its all fixed n super shiny ill have to show the world n upload some pics...

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Hi John,

the CL68SC+LLS will hide swirl marks to some degree but the only sure fire method is to have the car professional polished - I think in your case its probably not worth it as the swirls are minimal and every time you polish the car you are removing a few more microns from the clear coat.

Protection wise, SC + a few layers of LLS sounds good but they normally recommend that you wait at least 24hours before each layer. My personal preference is to apply SC, remove excess and buff) and then apply a layer of LLS immediately.

As for alloys, CL68SC works brilliantly with alloys - it can even remove tar spots and leaves a high temperature resistant coating on the alloy making it much easier to remove brake dust and the like.

Check this thread out with regards to Car-Lack68 on alloys - pretty good write up.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1966

As for the P21S Kit, our next shipment cycle is not until the end of may! :(

Basically some guy bought the lot off us at the full asking price, I guess its probably cheaper than a lot other vendors our there but it still caught up by surprise.

Best regards,

Mark

john_ach said:
My week old Leon is now covered in little specs all over the paint, the dealer has had a look at it n theyre gonna get the paint guy to do what he does to get rid of it, polish it and stuff.

Im a bit fed up of this damage as it got my Ibiza too and I managed to get it resprayed under warranty.

Whats the best protection? SC then a few layers of LLC and then shine til it hurts ur eyes with P21s wax?

Also does the carlack stuff help with alloys? Im amazed how quickly they get dirty, still I like the anthracite look.

Also Mr CarSparkle do you have any nice offers on these products (And do you know when the P21s kit will be back n how much)??

When its all fixed n super shiny ill have to show the world n upload some pics...

john_ach

Apr 25, 2006
Oh nooo noooo noooo, unfortunately its not swirl marks on the paint, if photos came out I would show you but its hard to get a camera to focus on the marks. If you look across the paint you can see thousands of dull spots about 1-2mm in diameter all over the top surfaces of the car. Think the clear coat is damaged, the dealers valeting people are goin to sort it hopefully.

Would a layer or eight of wax help at all, in terms of protection or shine?

What are the risks when leaving the car exposed to the elements between applying the layers? Living in the centre of Bristol I cant hide it in a garage or anything. Do you have to wash or detail the car before applying a second coat of LLC? I dont want to end up coating the car in scratches as well as the LLC.

How much is the P21s kit when you get it back in? Are the microfiber cloths the best thing for appying the various different products (a pair for each product? On and Off?)

Thanks Jon

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.