Connect app (vehicle in the workshop)

Dec 11, 2022
Hi,
Has anyone experienced this before? My connect app states that my vehicle is ‘in the workshop’ when it’s not! I have been in contact with both connect customer service and the dealership I purchased the car from. And no one seems to know what the issue is. I have tried deleting accounts from both the car and the app and re registering etc, but nothing works and it’s getting quite frustrating. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• 23675497-2CD2-4E59-BBF7-2E32D8925DCF.png
    23675497-2CD2-4E59-BBF7-2E32D8925DCF.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 129

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I assume there's a flag that the workshop can set on the car to show this, so that you can't see what's happening with the car while they have it. Either it's been set and not removed on return of the car, or there's a fault somewhere. When did it start happening?

Dec 11, 2022
That’s what we thought but the garage have had the car back and it all looked fine on their side. It’s been happening since I’ve had the car! Haven’t actually been able to use the app yet which is frustrating. I’ve got the workshop telling me to complain to cupra connect and the connect customer service telling me to take it to the workshop. All in all a pretty annoying experience so far!

ababic64

Dec 12, 2022
I've got exact same thing happening for the last couple of days. Have you made any changes with OBDEleven or a similar device? I thought this was happening to me because I've enabled Wireless CarPlay and Alarm chirp.

IMG_7943.PNG

Dec 11, 2022
Have you had use of the app before? Maybe it is a software bug cupra need to sort out!

I’ve not used OBDEleven before but do use wireless CarPlay. Could this be the issue?

ababic64

Dec 12, 2022
I just had the car delivered last week, so did not have time to mess around with the app so far, just saw that its acting up for the last couple of days.

Don't think it could be wireless CarPlay related, what I thought is that maybe OBDEleven triggered the workshop mode when I was making the changes.

Dec 11, 2022
Interesting!

i have tried loads of different things but still having no luck. The garage have annoyingly stopped replying to my emails too.

Spikytim

Jun 9, 2008
I have the same issue (Belgium) after a Navi update 1790 —>1899
Anybody knows what the solution is?

Spikytim

Jun 9, 2008
I contacted the workshop and they had to remove that mode from their system. Now it works! No workshop visit required.

Dec 11, 2022
Interesting! My workshop told me the car had to go in to them so it is with them now. It has been a painful experience to say the least, when I know what was done I will update this thread.

Dec 11, 2022
Hi!
Yes I have, it was only resolved recently after many weeks of back and forth. So the answer was that you have to pay for the service. If the car is used (like mine is) and the years free subscription of the Connect App has lapsed, you have to pay for another year for it to re register.
It seems stupid to me to have the issue down as a workshop issue which is so simple to resolve. It has been nearly 3 months for me and seems no one at Cupra or Cupra Connect knew about the issue!

ababic64

Dec 12, 2022
Got it, thanks for sharing. Seems like they are still a bit confused regarding the whole Cupra Connect concept, getting mixed information and contradictory answers from the local dealers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise