Connecting Mp3 player to Alana HU

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
Hi

I posted thsi in the ICE section but have had any responses so thought I 'd ask here!

HAs anybody connected up an Mp3 player to a standard Alana HU in an Ibiza TDI sport? I think you should be able to do it via the CD changer port.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
Its a creative player. I don't want one of those expensive leads that allows you to control the player via the head unit. Just a straightforward lead. I have one for my V5 Toledo which fits to the navi unit.. It only cost £20.

Any ideas?

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
I've done it in my Ibiza SE with a Creative mp3 player, however i decide to keep my CD changer as well for when i didn't have the mp3 with me.
I spliced into the audio wires for CD Changer and put in a switch and cable with 3.5mm plug on which means that i can switch between the two audio sources. You do need a changer connected though for this method to work.

Else if you don't have changer then i think you need to buy one of the Connects2 units to trick the HU in to thinking a CD changer connected when actually it the mp3 player else it won't work.

SEAT

OMG, £6.99!
My local Audio place quoted me, wait for it....... £170 plus £25 fitting! Can you believe it!
Okay so it was one I could control from the head unit but still, not worth that much!

Bargain I shall order myself one, and they work with the Alana HU?

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
If it worked it would be a very good buy. But I don't know if it does. I think ythere needs to be a 8 pin connector on the back of the HU.

Does anybody know if this would work?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members