Connectinn an mp3 player to the standard Sat Nav unit

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
Hi

I have a 2001 toledo V5 with the seat standard navigation unit. I want to connect a mp3 to it. I think you can either do this using the aux port or disconnect the cd changer and use that port.

I would prefer the first way but I am not too bothered. Can anyone suggest where I can get a lead from. The dietx 1213 would seem to do it via the aux port but I can't find anywhere in the uk that supplies it. As for the CD route I have no idea but have seen these http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...dce80a5ab5e5876

Would it work I thought the unit is a blaupunkt unit.

Any help much appreciated

just thought if you connect via the aux port does this mean you wouldn't be able to listen to the mp3 player and hav the navigation running at the same time? maybe the cd changer option would be better?

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
I've swapped the standard 6 CD Changer for a Sony T70MP3 Changer. All that was required was a connects2 adapter to swap between the OEM lead and the Sony one.

In the future Im thinking of putting a TV Tuner/DVD player with MP3 playback through the AUX.

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
staffuk said:
Thanks for the response. I want what's the advantage of the sony changer over the standard one?

Just that it plays MP3's (and it's more reliable picking up discs!) You dont get ID tags on the head unit though for the MP3s, you cant navigate folders and the tracks only go up to 99.

Dr Nick

MattR said:
I've swapped the standard 6 CD Changer for a Sony T70MP3 Changer. All that was required was a connects2 adapter to swap between the OEM lead and the Sony one.

In the future Im thinking of putting a TV Tuner/DVD player with MP3 playback through the AUX.

Which connects2 adapter did you buy? Their website only lists Grundig stereos that are in SEATS.

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
The reference was ASTS001MK2 - Sony CD/MD/MP3 Adapter - Seat Ibiza/Cordoba/Toledo/Leon Grundig Beta/Aura.

I bought it from Halfords online - they're quite expensive at £50 when you see what they are. If you put in search "Sony - CD/MD Adapter ASTS001" on their website you'll find it.

If you do buy the wrong one, take it into a Halfords store and they'll refund you. :)

Dr Nick

MattR said:
The reference was ASTS001MK2 - Sony CD/MD/MP3 Adapter - Seat Ibiza/Cordoba/Toledo/Leon Grundig Beta/Aura.

I bought it from Halfords online - they're quite expensive at £50 when you see what they are. If you put in search "Sony - CD/MD Adapter ASTS001" on their website you'll find it.

If you do buy the wrong one, take it into a Halfords store and they'll refund you. :)

Cheers mate... I have to say this is looking far more appealing than buying an Ipod and wiring it up to the sat nav aux.

How easy is it to remove the old changer? Does the sony one fit well in the glove box or are any modifications necessary? Just bought a V5 Toledo and my huge archive of MP3 cd's are going to waste...

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
It fits in exactly the same space as the existing unit (assuming you get the T70 like I did). It'll look like standard equipment.

The only thing that needs adjusting is the mounting brackets. On the new CD Changer the cable comes out the side where the mounting bracket sits - you either need to cut a space out of the bracket for the cable, or twist the bracket so the cable has space.

The only other thing is the old changer I think has 3 screws on each bracket; the spaces will only line up for two screws on the new changer - which isnt a problem anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members