Conversion to cupra

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
i have had my engine out of my 1.4 today, cleaned it all up and swapped all the parts on to my new 1.4 26k engine ,

the only engine u can put in a 1.4 is a 1.4 without spending atleast £1500 on just having the car mapped after youve paid out for all the new enigne gearbox and everything else,

u would be looking at like 10k mark to do it properly i rekon

I guess you mean keep the original ECU? Surley if you swapped the ECU and wiring you wouldnt need a map? But I agree it does look like it would be expensive to do!

Well...

1: Gives you an excuse to get a hybrid conversion...

2: Just strip it and rag it track days are ment to be for fun not just whos cars the quickest sure you get the "proper racers" but you also get some right sheds...

1: Good point:D

2: Even better point!, although his car only has about 50K on it so is still worth a fair bit.

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
£10k?!!

anyway, if you want a project with £6k, wouldnt it be more fun buying a cheap cupra and then stripping it out and adding a new turbo and all that (i wouldnt know how)

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
i say tell him to be daring and do it!

or do what im doing, much to the disgust of alot of people and tell him to put an 1800 16v in it, all in all including repairing my car from a cat c write off and a full shoot in stahlgrau including buying a donor car and full half leather etc, and doing everything your mate is on about its cost me under 1200 and that also includes buying porsche pcd adapters!

Woot!

Just look for bargains!

cuprachrissy

sirjimalot - are you still doing the rwd conversion? if not you are pants lol

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
sirjimalot - are you still doing the rwd conversion? if not you are pants lol

No No i am, dont you worry about it,

But my hands have been tied with getting the mk3 back on the road so ive not had chance to bust out the grinder anymore!

But as soon as it makes progress i will post it up!

And i have a free 2.0 8v motor for it which i think im gonna use! WOOP

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members