COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I've just used the Czech programme with a vagcom lead to activate the auto windows, just to add my CCM is fine - I can still read fault codes and do adaptations and the like.

Does anyone know if this works for the MK4 Golf/Bora?

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
I got in touch with the chap I bought mine from on ebay, turns out they don't work with 2003 and later leon Cupra's. :wtf: I thought he would be selling the same cable as everyone else.

Ordered one from a different seller, see how that goes!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
He's talking rubbish, nothing changed in 2003. You have to go to the mark 2 cars before they moved to CANBUS and the bog standard leads stopped working.

I'm 99% sure I've actually done this with a 2004 Cupra with nothing but a standard lead.

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
He's talking rubbish, nothing changed in 2003. You have to go to the mark 2 cars before they moved to CANBUS and the bog standard leads stopped working.

I'm 99% sure I've actually done this with a 2004 Cupra with nothing but a standard lead.

Tell me about it. On the advert it states VW/Audi 1994-2003. Yes there is a mahoosive table underneath and Seat Leon MK1 is showing as compatible. Slightly misleading, and a big waste of time!

This is the message I got.. 'This cable only works on pre can-bus cars and only with the VCDS lite software. The years are detailed on the listing page. I have the cable and software you need but it's £30.':confused:

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Raise a case with Ebay to get it replaced, if it lists your car and your year then he's the one that is in the wrong. At least you'll get a replacement lead! :)

Your car is definitely pre can-bus.

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Raise a case with Ebay to get it replaced, if it lists your car and your year then he's the one that is in the wrong. At least you'll get a replacement lead! :)

Your car is definitely pre can-bus.

New cable came yesterday! Ran through fault codes, and got intermittent rear left window regulator. Have to keep my eye on that. Aside from that, have now managed to do the window roll up and down finally! Thanks to all for help.[B)]

Anything else handy I can do with the Cable? I tried to enable chirp and stuff but they are locked because of VCDS no activated

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Good news! Was that with your head unit plugged in?

I think everything else is locked if you're only using shareware VCDS. It's not that expensive to activate it though, £80 I think?

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Good news! Was that with your head unit plugged in?

I think everything else is locked if you're only using shareware VCDS. It's not that expensive to activate it though, £80 I think?

No I unplugged the HU just in case! I think theres some interesting stuff to be messed with in that Czech program. Might have a play around at the weekend, see what else can be done. I am currently looking at a free, mroe open alternative to VCDS. Also something that can read live/monitor sensors when the car is running.

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
Finally got mine working.....didn't work with VCDS cable

Just need to decide if I want it to beep or not

SUPER-MATT

Sep 30, 2014
hello all im new to this but what do i require to get this feature on my 2003 ibiza 6l 1.9 tdi sport only lets the windows up if i lock and hold the key in door :)

cheers
matt

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.