Coolant Leak? LCR

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
So after topping up my coolant twice in two weeks and the engine temp light just going off i think i have a leak. Front left on the car if your sat in the pilots seat is a suspect area, radiator maybe? Wacked the fans up high, filled the coolant up after turning her off for half an hour, and i got home without the temp going up past 90. Worth mentioning i did have a coolant hose replaced with an A3 hose not so long ago, slightly different hose but had no trouble for weeks before this issue so i don’t think it’s related. Any thoughts? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
You just need to have a good look round all hoses and the radiator to see if you can see any water leaks with the engine running and not running
I had a radiator go on the join where the the plastic meet the core off the radiator bottom left

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
The thermostat housing's fail on these too, being plastic they get brittle over time and crack.

Just got a call from the garage with this exact diagnosis

So its just as simple as the engine not getting enough coolant? Seemed to be less worse when i cranked the fans up to full, albeit driving like a grandma

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.