Cordoba 16v bad tickover

Lynton

Hi iv had the cordoba for acouple of years, about 8 months ago it strarted having avery rough idle, The garage said it was the throttle body gummed up. so they cleaned it and refitted it. The problem is now worse. It will start and tick over but the idle is changing from about 650 to 1100 rpm randomly then ocasionally it will stall. It restarts again no prob but continues this eratic idle.
I hav checked with vag com and no error codes are stored.
My theory is the throttle allingment could of been disturbed when it was cleaned. I have tried to run the throttle valve allingment procedure listed on the Vag com web site but it doesnt seem to work.
Any help appreciated.

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
hi newbie wellcome to the fun. where you from?
try cleaning the ivs (idle stabilisation valve) its under the spark lead cover. use some carb cleaner and spray it in. and check all the breather hose for blockages. they can get clogged with oil
before-1.jpg

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
using the picture above as a guide.see the left hand side of the cone filter? the little plug going into it?give that a once over,the wires go brittle and sometime break,this can cause erratic idle.

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
I was about to say that, i changed the 2 vacuum hoses that come from either side of the throttle body and fixed the problem straight off, the old ones almost feel off when i touched them

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise