Cordoba Cupra - The Netherlands - RubenD

RubenD

Hello All!

Since this summer I'm in the possession of my Cordoba Cupra '00 20VT. It has some minor issues, most I knew off before I bought the car. Got a reduction of the price because of it.

Had to replace the front disks and pads (used the disks from my other car, which doesn't have MOT and is suspendend, taken of the road, if you like, you can read more about it here, sorry it's in Dutch).
Golf11.small_original.jpg

This is my Cordoba:
DSC_1133small_original.jpg

DSC_1150small_original.jpg

DSC_1130small_original.jpg

DSC_0817small_original.jpg

DSC_0527.small.jpg

It has some minor modifications:
- K&N 57i kit
- Audi TT DV
- Relay 99, wiper interval (completely adjustable, stalk on and directly off, switch it on again when it is needed, time between 2 swipes stays the same).
- LCR splitter
- Some JBL rear speakers, unfortunately build in, in ghetto style :(
- Summer: BBS CH replica's 17x7,5" with 195/40 Toyo tyres
- Winter: 15" Steel with winter tyres

The hatch wont open, bought a shaved door kit, I will merch that into the hatch. And I will do the N249 mod as soon as it stops snowing. Also bought a CC stalk, but I wasn't sure about the cable. So I have to buy/make that first before I will install that. Also bought the Ibiza Cupra R gauge holder for the centre-console. But still have to get a VDO turbo and oil pressure gauge (can't spent money twice).

This probably will be a slow thread since I have very big plans for my Mk2 16V...

Ohw, one question: Does the Cordoba Cupra exists in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
There both very nice :)

Is the cordoba imperial blue?

Don't see any of them over here in that colour.

I'm pretty sure we dont have Cordoba Cupra in the UK.

RubenD

Yes indeed, it is the Imperial Blue I believe!

Thanks for the compliment.

I might buy a Gewinde Fahrwarke for the Cupra, but that depends on my new job, if they offer me a company car or not...

I want it, but wont do it just yet...

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Looks amazing in that colour.

No we don't have the Cordoba Cupra here in the UK. I've only known of one other one on this site, and that was also from The Netherlands, though the owner has now sold it.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Looks very nice. I really like the facelift mk1 cordoba, we only got 4-door models over here with either 75hp 1.6 or 90bhp 1.9 TDI. I've seen one in that colour over here, it's probably my favourite. [B)]

RubenD

Thanks all!

I really enjoy it a lot, unfortunatly I still have time to fix the minor flaws :(

Will take a few days off soon.

Ohw, I meant Coilovers, I might mount the Golf Kit on the Cupra, if they fit...

RubenD

Today I received the resistors for the complete N249 N112 mod, I hope I will get some off it done today.

I also have to install the CC stalk, Nokia car-kit and fix the hatch lock.

RubenD

Ohw, I also want to refresh the motor and gearbox oil this week, hope I have time enough to get all that stuff done.

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
Very nice motor mate! Deffinately rare! Im sure the sx abf engine is uk? As i had one, but deffinately not the 20vt, bet its a very quick car!

RubenD

We also have Ibiza's and Cordoba's with the ABF engine, Seat (as you know) replaced that engine with the 20vt in '00. Luckily for me they did (My Golf has the 16V KR motor which comes close to the ABF).

The ABF is really hard to find in NL, I still am on the lookout for one in my Mk2 Golf.

How can I PM some one (I need a CC loom manual, greg seems to have it)?

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
left click on there name, a box appears that asks you what you want to do i.e send **** a private message, click on it then away you go.

RubenD

Thanks!

Then my thoughts were correct, nevertheless I can't send a PM right now. I'm missing some rights apparently...

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Well then...finally another Cordoba Cupra and none the less owned by another Dutch guy.

Nice car you have there, heel netjes ;)

btw this is definately the site to go with a car like this; i much prefer SCN over any of the Dutch forums; more knowledge here.

Maybe search my name for my thread on my ex Cordoba Cupra [I am 'The One' (my name should have been Neo hehe) they referred to earlier on in your thread]

adam, he was referring to a coilover set. He just used the German name for it

RubenD

Ha, you are on Volksforum.com 2 aren't you? Just checked it, I read the add when your Cupra was on sale.

Thanks for the compliment, did yours have CC?

RubenD

Installed the CC stalk today, still am looking for the guide to make sure I do install the loom correctly. If someone has it, please email me!

Also started on the hatch modification. Already installed the popper to replace the original system (handle isn't working anymore) still need to wire it tough.

Last but not least, started with the N249/N112 mod.

spokes

Looks very nice. I really like the facelift mk1 cordoba, we only got 4-door models over here with either 75hp 1.6 or 90bhp 1.9 TDI. I've seen one in that colour over here, it's probably my favourite. [B)]
or the 1.4 8v 60bhp like i have, or the 16 valve is 75bhp

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Looks amazing in that colour.

No we don't have the Cordoba Cupra here in the UK. I've only known of one other one on this site, and that was also from The Netherlands, though the owner has now sold it.

There's a newbie from Ireland just joined who says he has a Cordy cupra, just waiting for him to get his 15 posts so we can see some pics and the 1.9tdi can get remapped to 130 without any mods which is pretty cool. I'm hoping to do that with my Vario at some point but in the meantime I'm just admiring your cupra front bumper.:D

RubenD

Well, they are rare in the Netherlands as well, the old people carrier (the 4-door) can be found on each street corner. The Coupe is a hard find.

My brother found one last week:
IMAG0082_small_original.jpg

The black one.

It's a 1.6 16v Sport:
101pk
Glass sunroof
Climatronic
Sport interior
CD-changer
etc

Its a 82.000 mile car!

He is really lucky with a first car like that black one!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.