Correct tyre pressure on Cupra TDI

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Tried searching on here and only found a few threads which doesn't seem to come to any agreement on it. As the front is much heavier than the rear should the fronts have more pressure or not? My friend is running 36PSI on the front and 32 on the rear in his coupe and that seems to make sense to me as the extra weight on the front will even out the actual surface area on the road opposed to having them all equal! (as when doing this the fronts look almost too flat on p-zero's!) :confused:

Last edited:

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Also do you use the same pressure if you have changed alloys. I have gone from the standard 205/45/16 on my tdi sport 130 to 205/40/17. Should I be using different pressures. This is the same size as the cupra wheels and tyres. So should I use the same pressures as a cupra tdi instead.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i moved up a tad to 215/40 17 tyres and at the standard pressure they were flatter...so now run 35psi on fronts and 32psi on rears as there's hardly ever anybody in the back. Tyres seem to be wearing just right at the mo so definately not too high pressure

on my standard P-Zero's i was running 32psi and 30psi and seemed fine on my TDi FR

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
i moved up a tad to 215/40 17 tyres and at the standard pressure they were flatter...so now run 35psi on fronts and 32psi on rears as there's hardly ever anybody in the back. Tyres seem to be wearing just right at the mo so definately not too high pressure

same as me. except my back tyres are still 205/40/17

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
32 all round,

also do check them, as my rears were 21 and 23 psi the other day, its the cold weather

jadatis

Found this topic when searching for "tyre-pressure" with Google.
Been busy with calculating it with use of the formula, the European Tyre- and car- manufacturers also use to make the advice -stikkers on cars, so reliable.
Learned myself Excell to make spreadsheets for it.

Last one I translated to English from my native language Dutch ( so sorry for mis-spellings and wrong words).

cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Recalculating%20tyre-pressure
copy and paste this to your browser, the http thing places itself, I can not post links on my first post.
in this map always take the newest version, and there is an Example with 2 pictures of it.
Is just what you need, for re-calculating tyre-pressure advice when other then original tyres are placed. Can also be used to check the original and see if you can go lower in sertain conditions.
I also would expect a higher pressure in front then in rear, but normal load-advices are seldomly given nowadayst ( tree puppets and al little trunc on the symbol) what you read of the stikker now is that for what I call Heavy load or vacation load in my spreadsheet, where the load on the back is higher so pressure advice back higher.
If you cant work with it , give me here the needed data ,wich are on the first apearing screen when you open the spreadsheet, and I will use it as an example here.

Made more spreadsheets and also translated a few, you can navigate my complete public map from this link to find them.

kripteksi

Yes , check inside your gas cap , it is showing somewhere there.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise