CRD-T+ (Trevor) Experiences

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Just wondered if people wanted to share their experiences or advice regarding their Trevor's in relation to which program's they're using and how they perform etc.

I'm currently on 3+1 which seems to offer increased torque throughout the RPM range especially 3500RPM onwards.
2+1 seems to offer slightly more torque lower down in the RPM range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Just wondered if people wanted to share their experiences or advice regarding their Trevor's in relation to which program's they're using and how they perform etc.

I'm currently on 3+1 which seems to offer increased torque throughout the RPM range especially 3500RPM onwards.
2+1 seems to offer slightly more torque lower down in the RPM range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark, we've always used map 3 on plus 1 or plus 2 on the Skoda and found it to be great.

For whatever reason we switched this over to map 2 last week and the car felt a hell ova lot better, so for now map 2 is our file of choice :D

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
My notes running trevor so far - basically a copy-paste from my own thread.

Day one:
Fitted the unit before heading to work, was quite easy actually. Took a bit more than 5 minutes due to cables needed to be in place. I first planned to start with program 1+1, but as i have been reading a lot on this forum as well as skoda and wv, i decided to jump straight in for the 3+1. All lights turned on, no errors etc - so far so good.
I drove of to work, aprox 25km from here. In 1st + 2nd not a big difference, but those was never the problem. 3, 4, 5, 6 is where I get the impression of improvement - especially around 2000 rpm and up - you get a smooth kick in the back there.
To work, i got around 52mpg, which was ok, it was quite cold and the box newly fitted. I normally get between 50-52mpg.
Back from work, with a small detour, i got around 56mpg, but it had gotten quite hot during the day, so engine temp was faster up to nominal work temp.

Note: I really would like to know the difference between program 1, 2, 3 and +/- 1,2,3- i don't like the trial an error thing and the manual doesnt mention anything. Why is this information not available ---> Andrew?
I know that its different from car to car, but there must be some characteristics.

Day two:
Basically the same trip as yesterday and the same conditions. A bit less cars on the road today, which also enabled me to get a better feel of especially 2nd. 2nd IS a lot more fun, compared to my short tests yesterday, it really puts you back in the seat
In 6th gear, up hill, at speed around 75-85 km/h, i know i should have shifted to 5th but i compare pre/post here, I however experienced something which i didnt pre-dtuk. There were some un-ease in the engine, as if it couldnt decide whether or not to keep up the speed. Pre-dtuk, rpm would just go down on that hill and you would normally shift to 5th.
As for mileage, the trip to work was 54, and the trip back home was 59mpg, even though I was playing a bit more with it than yesterday and the average speed a bit higher.
So far - I'm still very happy, just wondering how to explain to wife why the car feels faster (perhaps i will just blame it on her slow seat Mii which she drives most of the week)

Some more days:
Still running like a charm on map3+1, and the setting doesn't seem to have affected the mpg (or km/L) - or the contrary. So far it seems as the mileage has gone up a bit, but I haven't been running on a full tank yet,only half, so can't say for sure and so far my assumptions is based on the computer - which is ~54mpg in total.
I don't know if the DPF regen is beeing active a bit more, but during the past week, I have noticed the cooling fan to be running some while after driving the car. This has happened two times now - but I will have a bit more focus on this part. Can also be due to the fact that the morning weather is a bit more cold these days, and since I don't have that far driving to work - only around 25km - this might be a result of the DPF not getting up to nominal working temperature before I park the car again.

What I like about 3+1, is that the car feels quite "normal" when just driving - which also might be the reason why I havent heard complaints from my other "half". But accelerating and overtaking feels a lot more easy though - and I have the feeling of more power.

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Havsgaard
Pretty much agree with all your comments and would also like to know the difference between program's and the +/- 1, 2, 3 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3 maps are very similar, on plus 2 on the dyno map 1 produced 232bhp, map 3 produced 239bhp

The old CRDT same say, same dyno, equivalent of new map 3 which is old map 4 produced 229bhp

The only difference between the 3 maps is the amount of boost added, infact we've just switched our octavia to map 2 plus 2 and the guys in the office says it feels so much better than map 3..

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
I will resist the temptation to try out map 2 until I have run on map3+1 for at least a couple of full tanks - but it is quite hard to resist now :)

Yesterday my wife came home proud with a picture of the screen, stating a wonderful 27.5km/l (~64mpg) of the trip from work - a distance of 62km.

Last edited:

Richie1985

Nov 21, 2010
Darlington
Does anybody else get a drop in power when you hit 2k rpm on anything less than 50% throttle on map 3+3? It feels like it suddenly looses all boost and then starts to pull again.
This is most noticeable if slightly accelerating and then just easing off a little as you get to 70-80 mph in 6th.
May change back to 3+2 where it isn't as noticeable.

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Does anybody else get a drop in power when you hit 2k rpm on anything less than 50% throttle on map 3+3? It feels like it suddenly looses all boost and then starts to pull again.
This is most noticeable if slightly accelerating and then just easing off a little as you get to 70-80 mph in 6th.
May change back to 3+2 where it isn't as noticeable.

Yes it's to be expected Richie as it's adding too much boost . I experienced the same on the Skoda .. So turn it down to plus 1 or 2 and you'll be fine

Richie1985

Nov 21, 2010
Darlington
Yer, I was thinking it was a known issue.
It's not too much of an issue, just annoying when stuck behind slower moving traffic lol.
I'll change it back to 3+2 but did notice quite a bit extra pull with 3+3 :)

johnnyd2003

Jun 14, 2009
north east (boldon colliery)
Andrew would you say 2+2 is the best map ? Have you tried it on 2+3 ? What are the power differences if any between programme 2 and 3 ? Sorry for the questions just generally interested and wanna get the best out of the Trevor box

Last edited:

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Andrew would you say 2+2 is the best map ? Have you tried it on 2+3 ? What are the power differences if any between programme 2 and 3 ? Sorry for the questions just generally interested and wanna get the best out of the Trevor box

i ran the skoda on skoda on the dyno at it pulled 232bhp, 3 plus 2 pulled 239bhp..

On the road i would say that map 2 plus 2 is the best (so far)

we have just written a new file to replace map number 1 which is currently on a couple of cars, by all means if you wanted to pop up i can reflash the box and you can give me some feedback

brobbo

Jun 24, 2014
How much different is it Andrew? Are we able to send you the unit to reflash by post?

johnnyd2003

Jun 14, 2009
Just a quick word had a little go of 2+2 today and the car feels better it seems to pull more from low down right the way through the Rev range whereas 3+3 that I had it on seemed to not pick up till roughly 1500 to 2000 rpm

Krisjones85

Has anybody noticed any marked economy improvements on the 184 running the Trevor box?

I had my mk2 170 remapped and was consistently seeing another 60 miles out of each tank, just trying to give myself another reason to order one.

johnnyd2003

Jun 14, 2009
On my 150bhp tdi I done a trip to Blackpool before the Trevor box on 3 quarters of a tank (350ish mile trip) that's with a heavy foot . Now that the Trevor is fitted I do the same trip same way and do it on half a tank of fuel . Round the doors I get an indicated on the infotainment thing 40 plus mpg most of the time even reaching 50 mpg that's driving sensibly with the very odd traffic light grand prix. I also regularly go to York drive about and come back on just over quarter of a tank that's roughly 220 mile trip with a mix of single and dual carriageway and slow n quick driving

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Just a quick word had a little go of 2+2 today and the car feels better it seems to pull more from low down right the way through the Rev range whereas 3+3 that I had it on seemed to not pick up till roughly 1500 to 2000 rpm

That is also my experience running on map 3+1. I still have quite a lot of fuel left in the tank before I will try switching to 2+1 - perhaps I will do it during next week when I have been running around 600 miles on 3+1.

So far the computer indicates ~56mpg, which is a slight improvement compared to pre-trevor period (~54), but it is too early to conclude anything.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise