CRD-T+ (Trevor) Experiences

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
Just wanted to say that I've been running 1-3 for a week now (as recommended by JsyCuPrA), and I'm over the moon with it :D
There isn't stupid amounts of torque when you first pull away in 1st or 2nd, so you're not spinning the wheels, but get into 3rd and above and floor it and yes thats the Revo feel alright ! :funk:
I drive a 30-35miles commute each day, mostly A and B roads, but with about 5miles on the motorway... I've been returning around 60mpg average every day this week, and that includes some 'playful' driving.

I would also like to add that my comment about 3+1 not feeling any different, was due to human error... I'd set the buttons to 3+1 but for some reason thought I then had to hold my finger on the P button to store it.... of course I now realise that set it back to standard, so not surprising it felt standard, IT WAS ! :doh:

So at some point I will probably give 3+1 or 3+2 a try, but for now I'm happy with 1-3 :)
Does anyone have an idea of BHP and Torque figures for 1-3 ?

Cheers

Julian

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Is there a difference between +1 and +2/3? On 2+1 and 1+1 i have a very unpleasant stutter when starting from a total stand still and engine relatively cold. This dorsnt occur on any 3+x settings.

Leonsc184

Jul 31, 2014
Trevor for Sale!

Hi all,

I have a Trevor for sale as I am getting changing cars.

I have only used it for a short period of time and still have all the boxes and packaging.

Please PM me.

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Been running the new map 1 on +3 this week and can say am really pleased with it, decent torque etc. to be honest can't really tell much difference between this map and 3+1 that I've been running for the past month. Seems to be the same power and at the same stage - 1.8k revs. Regardless, will stick with 1+3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Noticed over the last day the engine judders under +2 and +3 on Map 1 when accelerating heavy in 4th, 5th and 6th gear between 1700rpm and 2300rpm. So back down to 1+1 and try that compared to 3+1. Anyone else noticed this?

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
It is something which I have also noticed when starting slowly in 1st gear on both 1+1 and 2+1 - so I would say it is not only related to high gears and high power. Though it is only for a brief moment, in those two cases, it is still annoying, but it tends to be almost gone if the car is warm.

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Noticed over the last day the engine judders under +2 and +3 on Map 1 when accelerating heavy in 4th, 5th and 6th gear between 1700rpm and 2300rpm. So back down to 1+1 and try that compared to 3+1. Anyone else noticed this?

Mark,

i know I've already answered this and mentioned that you've been running the box too high which will cause these issues,

we took our DSG Golf GTD to the dyno last night and ran it on the new map 1 plus 1

ill let the results speak for themselves

golf_gtd_dsg_zpsd8f85b40.jpg

My advice is to try and not get too greedy, if so then you will see issues

easybreeze80

Aug 31, 2014
Impressive, I'm getting the feeling I might have to buy one of these soon! The only issue I imagine is wheel spin, I'm struggling just on standard spec, coming from a 4 wheel drive (well, sort of) might not be helping but I just can't see how you manage to get the power down in a front well drive, specially with this car being so light.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
depends on the driving style. I tend to get it "off the line" easily, then floor it when the initial inertia's been overcome. There's so much torque in the 1800-300 rpm range I don't miss the wheelspin you get when you rev and drop the clutch.
I can imagine it can be fierce, though.....was hoping to get 20k miles on a set of tyres, and won't do that with wheelspin:)

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
I don't suppose you've got a dyno graphs like that for the other maps Andrew?
I'd love to see 1 - 3 for instance, as that's my preferred map (as recommended on here).

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members