Cruise Control and Computer

mpgscott

Nov 11, 2009
Inverness/Aberdeen
Maybe a daft question but i have been reading and see that my 2003 Leon 1.9tdi SX can be fitted with cruise control. I wanted to ask is this something you can do at home or does it require setup on the computer at SEAT??

Also since cruise control can be retro fitted can you therefore fit the other stalk wipers with the computer control would this work. I am used to being able to monitor the oil temp and mpg on my old VR6 golf so this would be cool if i could do the same.

Is it a case that all cars are fitted out you simply need the controls to use the functions?

Cheers

paddy26

If your car has drive-by-wire you can retrofit cruise control. You can get the cc stalk from stealers or ebay. I cant post external links yet:( so add "http" to the start of the link below or search ebay for the the user vw_teesside:

://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-MK4-Golf-Bora-Octavia-Leon-Retrofit-Cruise-Control_W0QQitemZ270283563686QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3eee27e2a6

The kit above comes with the loom and fitting instructions.
You will need vag-com to enable the cruise control.

The multi function dsplay is a lot harder to fit and you will need to replace your dash clocks if they dont already have the "computer screen". New clocks will need to be connected to vag-com/vag-tacho to code the immobiliser. You might also have to fit extra sensors to get all the mfa functions.

I dont think oil temp is a standard function either.

Paddy

mpgscott

Nov 11, 2009
Inverness/Aberdeen
Spot on, cheers for the info Paddy26 much appretiated.

I am deffinetly going to get the cruise its only like £65 pretty good.

I have a OBD2 lead i bought for my mk3 golf which works with ross-techs free version of vag-com will this be enough to setup the Seat??

Where is the connection on the Leons for the OBD?? Is it next to the front ashtray?

Cheers

ajmally100

Oct 11, 2009
Edinburgh
I bought the kit for my 1.9 TDI a few weeks ago from VW Teeside and fitted it yesterday. Delighted that it is all finished now!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.