Cruise

Penfold

May 18, 2007
Anybody help? When you have cruise control selected on, does the light in the instrument panel light up or only if there is a problem with it. I'm sure i've read that it should light up, and in my mk1 it definitely did when selected.

Cheers

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
Yes agree with this, mine dosen't light up when on and I have the small mfd.

I thought that there was a fault with it initially too.

SimonFRTDI

Oct 13, 2009
Bristol
Just to confirm, I have the larger screen MFD and the symbol does light up when on, so I think these guys are right in that in will depend which type of display you have.

FR_Flavoured

On my Leon FR (with bluetooth) it does light up, when cruise control is engaged.
However, it shows the light in the Speedo area (where all the other Dash lights are) - not on the MFD !??

On my wifes Mk2 Leon (stylance, no bluetooth), when you engage cruise control, NO light comes on, on the dash.

On my Leon FR (with bluetooth) it does light up, when cruise control is engaged.
However, it shows the light in the Speedo area (where all the other Dash lights are) - not on the MFD !??

Same here - AFAIK this is standard on Mk 2's. No large MFD = no cruise light. I had factory cruise on my Mk 1 Leon SE and the lght was in the speedo on that too.

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site

On my wifes Mk2 Leon (stylance, no bluetooth), when you engage cruise control, NO light comes on, on the dash.

Yes - same with mine on the Cupra - lights up in speedo or rev counter (next to handbrake and main beam lights) and not on the large MFD

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
What other are saying is that you need to have the large MFD to have the light on the speedo , not that the llight is on the MFD.

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Just to confirm, I have the larger screen MFD and the symbol does light up when on, so I think these guys are right in that in will depend which type of display you have.

i have an 2007 fr with bluetooth. Its got the larger display and when cruise is activated the light does come on untill you turn it off or brake.

BuZZarD73

I have the larger MFD and I don't get any indication on the MFD - I do get the light on the spedo and it's green. Green is good!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise