Cupra 20vt Stage One Handling Mods...

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Well since the remap has been back on the car its been excellent but even with decent front tyres the TCS light is flashing in 2nd gear in the dry :lol:

I admit I do corner a little hard but I'm finding the inside wheel spinning up setting the TCS light off mid corner is a little annoying so I want to try and tame the chassis a little and also get rid of the little torque steer I get ... and axle tramp...

Dogbone mount is first I think... what else do people recommend?

Car is a workhorse so harder suspension wont be considered... dont mind doing the ARB's though if not too pricey.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Uprated INA street density engine mounts, INA track density DBM, uprated front ARB, S3 strutt brace and aftermarket rear ARB. thisd along with good tyres run at the correct pressure and handling will be transformed

Mart

Sh#t Happens
Dec 18, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
You might also consider the TR3 Engine Mounts and Dog Bone. Just order this from THS who do good discounts for SCN members. Link

Hoping to fit it over easter if the weathers good enough, so will have a drive report if you can wait a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Mart

Sh#t Happens
Dec 18, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Also gone for the S3 braces straight from Audi dealer.

8L9-805-629-A S3 Upper Front Brace
8NO199403B S3 Lower Front Brace
N90810602 2 x Cap Nuts (old part no N90810601)
N10699401 2 x Screws (old part no N10417601)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I admit I do corner a little hard but I'm finding the inside wheel spinning up setting the TCS light off mid corner is a little annoying.

Only way you'll stop this is with a diff £££'s... turn your tcs off and feed the power in more gradually and you won't spin up so easily, dbm does help with this slightly :)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Forge sell the powerflex dog bone mount and INA engineering do their own one. Both are forum sponsors, have a look in their sections.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
look at ths performane dbm

just fitted one, its the full unit, no vibrations unlike the powerflex jobbie

50 quid for scn members.

awesome piece of kit.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
Uprated INA street density engine mounts, INA track density DBM, uprated front ARB, S3 strutt brace and aftermarket rear ARB. thisd along with good tyres run at the correct pressure and handling will be transformed

on the lc not the r, whats a decent uprated front arb?

i gather the lc arb is thicker than the lcr arb as standard?

will the r32 arb fit on the lc?

i have a 22mm whiteline rear arb, on the stiffest setting.... it really is very good, just looking to uprate the handling even more.

my mates just bought a clio 197 f1, he says hell nail me now for speed and handling.... speed no, handling probably, bu i will not be beaten.. oh no.:lol:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
on the lc not the r, whats a decent uprated front arb?

i gather the lc arb is thicker than the lcr arb as standard?

will the r32 arb fit on the lc?

i have a 22mm whiteline rear arb, on the stiffest setting.... it really is very good, just looking to uprate the handling even more.

my mates just bought a clio 197 f1, he says hell nail me now for speed and handling.... speed no, handling probably, bu i will not be beaten.. oh no.:lol:
James if your willing and able to take on quite a big project on your car I can point you in the direction of a thread on UK MK1v forum that will allow you to get very close to your mate on handling but its a big job.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Rear ARB made a big difference to cornering. rear takes up more of the strain and it squares the car up, sits flatter in the corner. car will be better balanced so should help front grip, seems to on mine.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
yeah it does, the front grips better due to this, the wheels almost feel like they are fighting for grip, instead of giving up.

well worth it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.