Cupra 280 idle

k3yub

A2 KAL
Dec 10, 2013
yes they still got it, got given a courtsey car which was a 1.6 tdi kia ceed, rubbish to drive so they replaced it with a golf 1.6 tdi which is also rubbish compared to the cupra [:@][:@]

my parts have gone on back order.:cry::cry:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
yes they still got it, got given a courtsey car which was a 1.6 tdi kia ceed, rubbish to drive so they replaced it with a golf 1.6 tdi which is also rubbish compared to the cupra [:@][:@]

my parts have gone on back order.:cry::cry:

Are they from a SEAT dealership, as I only ever had SEATs as my courtesy cars, the idea was to get me interested in another new car I think.

k3yub

A2 KAL
Dec 10, 2013
Got car back, havent noticed the shake on idle yet so fingers crossed it stays this way.

However i am angry about my tracking being out so will ring them in morning.

k3yub

A2 KAL
Dec 10, 2013
just noticed something vibrating inside engine when it revs at 2k[:@][:@]

waiting for someone to ring me back so i can give them a mouthfull

car was with them for a full week and they didnt even have courtsey to wash it!! :wtf:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
just noticed something vibrating inside engine when it revs at 2k[:@][:@]

waiting for someone to ring me back so i can give them a mouthfull

car was with them for a full week and they didnt even have courtsey to wash it!! :wtf:

Not being washed was probally a good thing, going by the kind of folk that get employed to wash cars, mine got dinged at last service, no more dealer washing for me.

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai
I always tell them to not wash my car. I had a go once as he had a high pressure jet near the plastics and I said your going to damage my car... Idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Interested to see what they say, my idol is the same.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

k3yub

A2 KAL
Dec 10, 2013
yeah alot better, havent noticed it since its come back with a new turbo fitted.

it still needs going back to them as they didnt have enough time to look into the vibration noise from engine, they confirmed fault but need it for a few days to see whats causing it, so its going back on tuesday for another few days!!!

really sick of this car now, looking to reject the car now!!!

Slipps

Northern Sassenach
Jan 17, 2015
Durham
My idle seems to have resolved itself for now after the service needless to say no fault codes were showing although to be frank it was just occasionally a bit lumpy ... time will tell but I'm not losing sleep over it.

What they did do however was scratch the perspex covering the instruments display but in doing so they did resolve the rattle and one of my my new rear light clusters that were replaced as a warranty claim wasn't fitted properly with greasy finger marks left on the body work.

So it's now got to go back in and have a whole new set of instruments because the instruments and clear perspex come as a sealed unit which cost £600 ... some 'technician' will be in for a hard time and it better not rattle when it goes back in :rolleyes:

I had a lengthy discussion with the workshop manager about quality control and the poor reputation of SEAT after sales service and the damage it can do to a brand or dealership.

I have to say however despite the poor workmanship they've never let me down before having had five SEATs and have bent over backwards so far to put it right with loads of apologies and absolutely no quibble ... if only it had never happens in the first place. :banghead:

Still loving the car [B)]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise