Cupra 280 only a week away!

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Just heard from the dealer my Leon will be with them on Monday/Tuesday and I will be able to pick up end of next week :D
So from order to pick up its going to be 16 weeks so bang on original dealer estimate...getting excited now :D

Great news JD.

If you really want to use every minute of the wait champing at the bit, try and find out the name of the ship it's coming in on. I "watched" mine sail from Spain via www.marinetraffic.com - it has up to the minute plotting of the voyage and I was even able to text the salesman who sold it to me to tell him the ship had berthed - he wasn't expecting it for another day :D But be quick if you do look, it doesn't take long for them to sail from Barcelona, particularly if the ship is berthing somewhere in the South which I'm guessing in your case it will be?

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Great news JD.

If you really want to use every minute of the wait champing at the bit, try and find out the name of the ship it's coming in on. I "watched" mine sail from Spain via www.marinetraffic.com - it has up to the minute plotting of the voyage and I was even able to text the salesman who sold it to me to tell him the ship had berthed - he wasn't expecting it for another day :D But be quick if you do look, it doesn't take long for them to sail from Barcelona, particularly if the ship is berthing somewhere in the South which I'm guessing in your case it will be?

Thanks perkman, will try and take a look and find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Cupra arrived at the dealers yesterday and having mudflaps and car prep done tomorrow all ready for trip down on Thursday.

BigARG

Mar 24, 2015
Essex
JDandCOKE have to keep an eye out for you. Not seen any other Cupra's round this way (Witham). Mines a Black 5 door. Also not sure where to get mine serviced Marshall's at Braintree where the parking is a nightmare or Miller and Middleton up your way. Enjoy the car keep an eye out.

Last edited:

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
JDandCOKE have to keep an eye out for you. Not seen any other Cupra's round this way (Witham). Mines a Black 5 door. Also not sure where to get mine serviced Marshall's at Braintree where the parking is a nightmare or Miller and Middleton up your way. Enjoy the car keep an eye out.

Must admit not seen any around this way...will keep an eye out though.
Marshalls seem to get good reports don't know much about millers though.

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
Must admit not seen any around this way...will keep an eye out though.
Marshalls seem to get good reports don't know much about millers though.

Did you try to get Marshall`s to match carwow? I went there recently to sit in a Cupra with bucket seats. Got more carwow quotes this week, deals not so good, as coming up to new reg. DTD look best so far

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Did you try to get Marshall`s to match carwow? I went there recently to sit in a Cupra with bucket seats. Got more carwow quotes this week, deals not so good, as coming up to new reg. DTD look best so far

I must admit to not trying marshalls to match car wow...tried millers who gave a quote on carwow but were not interested in beating my best prices elsewhere. I think carwow and dtd are both very good...have you tried orange wheels...they were coming up with some good prices too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Well just arrived back from a long trip to Eastbourne with my new cupra. It took 4 months to order and get my spec I wanted but I couldn't order the weather!!! It absolutely chucked it down all the way there and quite a lot of the way back. What was a shiny and gleaming new car is covered in crap...oh well, will have to give it some extra detailing at the weekend!
Very very very happy with the car...its a superb drive and the my16 upgrades are a nice plus. Media system is good and so far easy to use and the drive back (approx 120 miles) was, despite the weather, very enjoyable with the customary big smile planted on face ever present!

Last edited:

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Couple of small observations...my blackline wheels were fitted with conti sport contacts so don't know if this is standard or a change of direction from the bridgestones? The wheel hubs look like they have been sprayed and finished to protect from rust...something that a lot of people on here have mentioned it being a problem.
Will post pics at the weekend once car is gleaming again.
9553c79386157b7be3c2d66576096425.jpg

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Glad to hear yours has continentals on it....mine was probably built the same week as yours so I should get them as well.