Cupra 290 collection

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
So. Cupra 290 is here. Two lots of options missing.

Seat sound and safety pack 2 missing.

What do you do? I don't want to wait for another car. And I don't know about discounts yet.

So annoyed. At this point it's dealer and factory problem based.

But the whole process has been a shower ****.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
^^^ What he said. I'm sure someone else had an issue with Seat sound not being fitted despite being ordered.

Last edited:

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
So.

3 hours sat in the dealer. The order codes have changed from the 280 spec car. Meaning for me safety pack was missed. The seat sound is being missed by dealers because model year 16 code changed so now it's not included with nav high.

Stubmling block.

I ordered a 280 and cancelled when I got wind of the 290. Hence the 280 sat in the show room. Being that they now have a 290 awaiting prep for me they doubt they will be allowed to order me another car.

Plot thickens. If I do order another car now build delays of 10 weeks. Plus 9 weeks for standard wheels. Wheel shortage.

The dealer assures me that they are making no money on the car. The only discount they can offer is £750 scrapped from many barrels.

****ed.

Last edited:

Madhatter

Jul 4, 2014
Sat on arse
Have you tried SEAT head office customer service and put a complaint in? I guess you either accept their offer of 750 or complain and wait for the car you ordered in correct spec. Feel sorry for you as it must be such an anticlimax not to mention inconvenience.

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
I'll have to accept the car and the additional money and then make a complaint.

Genuinely furious. Never again will I buy a Seat. £30k and nothing but a disaster. If you included my fr that was a piece of **** I've spent £50k with them this year and had 6 months of use.

It's a joke never again

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
They did screw up agreed but you cancelling the 280 at such a late date seems to have also been quite a big factor in the mess up.

I would have taken the 280 when it was available. You would have never noticed the 10bhp difference

Last edited:

dty73

Oct 28, 2015
Oh ****. I've got a Cupra coming next month with the safety pack on too - and they fiddled with my order mid-cycle when I added the black line pack and then tried (and failed) to charge me the 290 cost uplift. I look forward to sharing your pain... :-/

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
They did screw up agreed but you cancelling the 280 at such a late date seems to have also been quite a big factor in the mess up.

I would have taken the 280 when it was available. You would have never noticed the 10bhp difference

There is no 10 BHP difference, it is the same engine, same tune, just purely a marketing ploy, 280's have at least 284 - 305 on a rolling road.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
There is no 10 BHP difference, it is the same engine, same tune, just purely a marketing ploy, 280's have at least 284 - 305 on a rolling road.
Until someone has one tested don't think we can categorically say that

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
Unfortunately they have got me over a barrel. If I say no. I'm waiting 20 weeks with out a car.

It's looking like a yes but we'll see.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
If you are taking the car plus the £750 can you take it to a car audio place and get the sound system upgraded? A decent place will be able to talk you through options to get what you want.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
If you are taking the car plus the £750 can you take it to a car audio place and get the sound system upgraded? A decent place will be able to talk you through options to get what you want.
Certainly be able to get a better system than the seat sound for £750.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
The sound system is neither here not there as its already booked in for an audio system.

Is the missing options that can't be retrofitted like the lane assist and high beam assist that's annoyed me most.

Mk3 Se

Dec 1, 2015
If it was me there is no way I would spend the best part of £30000 on any product that did not meet my expectations especially if I had waited ages for it. You will regret it from day one till the day it goes.

Either walk away or get the dealer to order in exactly what you expected.

I try to get my cars from dealer stock with huge discounts. Got £3000 off when I bought the Leon which more than compensated for the lack of Climate and privacy glass I would have insisted being fitted on a factory order. Wife recently got £4000 off a Nissan Note that was in dealer stock. Considering a Pulsar next and already spotted over £7000 off those.

Just looked on the Broadspeed site (a broker I have used in the past and will probably use again). You say that "The only discount they can offer is £750 scrapped from many barrels." yet Broadspeed are offering over £5000 off the 290. So definitely cancel your order and reorder elsewhere getting a huge discount and exactly what you want.

Last edited: