Cupra 300 - 2500RPM Torque Drop - Dyno Run Graph

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Maybe get it on a diagnostic machine or if you have VCDS/OBDEleven you can check for misfires. It saves you spending £150+ for something that could be nothing.

I did buy new sparks as mine where 20000 miles old. I put the VAG OEM 'RS7' plugs in which are made by NGK.

Paul Bunce

Mar 25, 2020
This could be an issue of fuelling, a lot of American owners (mainly in Golf R's) have a similar issue where the timing is retarded / wont advance on heavy acceleration due to knock caused by poor or low octane fuel. This can bee seen by a dip on the dyno graph.

This is also what happens if you run 95 octane fuel in these engines, they work fine but you'll loose power as the engine ignition timings become limited.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
This could be an issue of fuelling, a lot of American owners (mainly in Golf R's) have a similar issue where the timing is retarded / wont advance on heavy acceleration due to knock caused by poor or low octane fuel. This can bee seen by a dip on the dyno graph.

This is also what happens if you run 95 octane fuel in these engines, they work fine but you'll loose power as the engine ignition timings become limited.

That was what was happening with mine running APR Stage 2 high torque using Momentum 99.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.