Cupra 300 GPF fault

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Hi all so I got this message on display this morning probably my own fault for having car idling for ages. I have done as it says in book but the light won't go, anyone else had problem and sorted it out. It's got the GPF.
Thanks?

Attachments

• 20231209_072254.jpg
    20231209_072254.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 88

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I had this after the car never moved for 3 months. Dealer told me to take it out and thrash it…..cleared after 5 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveMac

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I had this after the car never moved for 3 months. Dealer told me to take it out and thrash it…..cleared after 5 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks pal yeah doing what it says in the book does nothing, went out gave it some and cleared after 10 mins

Reactions: Blade

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I may be wrong but I think the introduction of GPF’s on the mk3 Leon coincided with the change from the NEDC to WLTP testing procedures, and that was around the end of Q3 / beginning of Q4 2018.

My VW has a GPF and decided a forced regeneration was necessary Thursday just gone. I think it was the third one in just over three years. Lasted around 20 minutes and the ‘tell tale’ signs were there; louder exhaust note, slight hesitancy / lumpiness to the engine when accelerating and significant worsening (around 30-35%) in fuel consumption. I’ve never had the same or similar warning message to @DaveMac though.

Reactions: DaveMac

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I may be wrong but I think the introduction of GPF’s on the mk3 Leon coincided with the change from the NEDC to WLTP testing procedures, and that was around the end of Q3 / beginning of Q4 2018.

My VW has a GPF and decided a forced regeneration was necessary Thursday just gone. I think it was the third one in just over three years. Lasted around 20 minutes and the ‘tell tale’ signs were there; louder exhaust note, slight hesitancy / lumpiness to the engine when accelerating and significant worsening (around 30-35%) in fuel consumption. I’ve never had the same or similar warning message to @DaveMac though.
Yeah exactly that pal I have a full straight through sport exhaust and it because stupidly loud and I was thinking what's happened here and there was a massive flat spot in performance then next min that message flagged up on dash board. Its sorted now after 20 mins of heavy foot in sports mode it gone