Cupra 300 GPF fault

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Hi all so I got this message on display this morning probably my own fault for having car idling for ages. I have done as it says in book but the light won't go, anyone else had problem and sorted it out. It's got the GPF.
Thanks?

Attachments

• 20231209_072254.jpg
    20231209_072254.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 88

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I had this after the car never moved for 3 months. Dealer told me to take it out and thrash it…..cleared after 5 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveMac

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I had this after the car never moved for 3 months. Dealer told me to take it out and thrash it…..cleared after 5 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks pal yeah doing what it says in the book does nothing, went out gave it some and cleared after 10 mins

Reactions: Blade

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I may be wrong but I think the introduction of GPF’s on the mk3 Leon coincided with the change from the NEDC to WLTP testing procedures, and that was around the end of Q3 / beginning of Q4 2018.

My VW has a GPF and decided a forced regeneration was necessary Thursday just gone. I think it was the third one in just over three years. Lasted around 20 minutes and the ‘tell tale’ signs were there; louder exhaust note, slight hesitancy / lumpiness to the engine when accelerating and significant worsening (around 30-35%) in fuel consumption. I’ve never had the same or similar warning message to @DaveMac though.

Reactions: DaveMac

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I may be wrong but I think the introduction of GPF’s on the mk3 Leon coincided with the change from the NEDC to WLTP testing procedures, and that was around the end of Q3 / beginning of Q4 2018.

My VW has a GPF and decided a forced regeneration was necessary Thursday just gone. I think it was the third one in just over three years. Lasted around 20 minutes and the ‘tell tale’ signs were there; louder exhaust note, slight hesitancy / lumpiness to the engine when accelerating and significant worsening (around 30-35%) in fuel consumption. I’ve never had the same or similar warning message to @DaveMac though.
Yeah exactly that pal I have a full straight through sport exhaust and it because stupidly loud and I was thinking what's happened here and there was a massive flat spot in performance then next min that message flagged up on dash board. Its sorted now after 20 mins of heavy foot in sports mode it gone

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members