Cupra bumper inserts painted?

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Are the bumper inserts on cupra painted? Mine look like they have a metalic fleck to them so presume they are. Got a little idea up my sleeve and i want to repair the screw holes were the number plates have been attached.

paint code would be helpful ;)

Cheers

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I think they are yeah, or the plastics different anyways.

They seem more lighter shaded than the normal black trim anyways.

t_searle

Mar 23, 2006
yes been through this argument with my dealer, as mine were flaking. He insisted that I had painted them which i did not and had the car from new. In the end they found they came in black or anthracite finish. so make sure they order anthracite if they are flaking!!!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
They are painted but not sure on the code, mine are painted same colour as wheels, just matt instead of gloss...

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
Jenk, i see you most mornings while i'm crossing the ring road to get to work lol, park at the west park every day!

what you thinking of doing then?

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
yes been through this argument with my dealer, as mine were flaking. He insisted that I had painted them which i did not and had the car from new. In the end they found they came in black or anthracite finish. so make sure they order anthracite if they are flaking!!!

Erm not.. Cupra inserts are always anthracite, fr and regular ones comes in matt black or anthracite finish

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Im on the ring road there every morinig too, my cars identical to jenks it may be me you see

Probably is you mate, i dont go anywere near wolves in the morning.

I just want to get rid of the screw holes so i can fit some shorter plates and maybe fill in the exhaust cut out :) Need to sort the ride height first mind

Anyone got a paint code?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
You got a fauxhall yet :D

Yep, the VX is goin strong mate cheers, probably as theres nothing to break on it :) The first SEAT part will be going on it very soon, any guesses at what it could be... :p

Really do miss my Ibiza though, it certainly seemed better at "Making Progress" (overtaking!) on the Peak District's B-Roads... And that De-Mist button was a god send!

Alrite mate ;)

That for the bumper inserts?

The plastic is like that from the factory, im 99% sure it isnt painted, it doesnt look like paint either as the plastic is very soft... They just dye it like any other plastic shades so im afraid your out of luck there mate. S7N is Arctic Grey...

Youll be best off re-painting the lot.

Also just a quick note, if you turn the exhaust down underneath the car, the arse end will stay cleaner (yay!) however the internal exhaust drone will get louder and boomy (boo!).

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
They have a metalic fleck to them so thats what lead me to belive they were painted. Might be able to get a close colour match.

Oh no! Is it having a LCR splitter :p

The exhaust is still a way off yet, other things to do first.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Pop into Halfords and check out the codes under Seat section, or guess and get a colour similar?

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Theres 1 seat colour in halfords.....red :blink:

I want the same paint as I only need to do bits, number plate holes etc.

I suppose a call to a stealer would be a good idea but I cant think of a good one round these parts.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Take a fog light cover off and try to match it?

I would give you my code but it doesn't match.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Thats a good option or I could change the colour of them completely.........nimbus grey :think:

It needs to visit a bodyshop soon as some paints chipped off the boot lid, seems the edge of the boot and rear bumper have been rubbing causing the paint to rub away and now chip a big bit off :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.