Cupra - couple of q's: vibration noise +

redcupra07

Nov 11, 2013
Guildford GU1
Hi everyone,

On Friday, I traded in my old Skoda Fabia for a nice 07 Cupra.

I'm over the moon. Really comfy, nice and sporty (which takes some getting used to) and not *too* bad on petrol.

Anyway, I have a few small questions. I have used the search function to answer a few I had such as what oil to use and I see it's 5w30. Anyway, here goes with the q's.

When I'm putting my foot flat to the floor in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and it's above approx 4k revs, there's a rather loud vibration in the cabin. I assume this is due to the exhaust reverberating at a certain frequency. I can't tell whether it's a piece of trim within the car or something under the car - perhaps the exhaust itself which is making the noise. Has anyone else had the same noise and if so, what was it?

Second q is concerning the coolant level:
Having had 3 VAG cars in a row, I'm used to seeing 2 lines on the coolant holder - a min and max line.
However, on mine, it has two lines which are shaded in between which says minimum. If filled between these 2 lines, the coolant tank holder would be 1/3 full which seems like very little.
I asked the seat dealer i bought the car from where the max is and the chap agreed there was no line. But didn't give me an answer. I'd be grateful if somebody could guide me on this?
Handbook offers no help.

Third question is regarding a revo remap and my location. I'm in Leicester. I searched the threads to see if there was anyone who could recommend a place in Leicester who could do a remap but only Birmingham and Mansfield were suggested. The revo dealer map seems to have stopped working too unfortunately.
This goes for anyone who knows of a garage in the area who is familiar with these cars; I've got a tracker I would like to be fitted and perhaps they could also pin point that vibration noise too?

Finally, probably a rather easy Q to answer. Will 17 inch wheels fit over the standard discs and callipers on this car? I currently have the standard 18 inch wheels. The ride is fine and I probably won't change the wheels but just out of interest if it is an option r not!

Thanks in advance :)

redcupra07

Nov 11, 2013
Guildford GU1
No replies? :(

I'm most interested in somebody giving me the name of a reputable garage in/near Leicester as I'd like the tracker fitted ASAP.

Cheers.

parris15

I don't get the same level of vibration as you by the sound of it, but I do get trim rattle on heavy throttle. I think it's the nature of the car. Is it really loud or more of an annoyance? I had an annoying metallic rattle/knock coming from the front passenger door. A family friend took of the door panel and refitted and this fixed the noise.

redcupra07

Nov 11, 2013
Guildford GU1
Many thanks for the replies.
@KDV, I'll be having a chat with Monster Motorsports in due course.
@parris15, it may well just be trim rattle. Nothing too untoward really. But I'll get Monster Motorsports to drive it and see what they think. I've not been in another Cupra so it'll be useful for someone who has to tell me what they think.

Today, my emissions light came on and has stayed on. Car drives no differently. Will be taking it in tomorrow to be looked at under the approved used warranty.
Anyone had the same happen? The search function just gave people with diesel cars having DPF issues.

Fingers crossed they don't charge me for diagnosis under warranty?
Only had the car 8 days and the warranty info hasn't arrived through the post yet!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.