Cupra exhaust manifold gasket

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
Does anybody know of an uprated exhaust mani gasket for the 1.8T AYP in MK3 Ibiza Cupra? Developed a blow from there which im guessing is due to increased temp's and power working its way through the gasket, and if there is anything on the market that is gonna' be up up to the task a bit better it would be worth doing rather than using standard part's I know of the Power gaskets for the inlet's just not found anything on the exhaust side of thing's, any help appreciated.

Dane :)

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
Stock oem gaskets from the dealer are better quality than some aftermarket ones. Several high powered cars using stock gaskets. :) Have you got a manifold crack that's creating a hot spot?

I didn't even consider aftermarket gasket's till I seen these power gaskets and stuff on forums, I would much rather go for the standard stuff if they are up to it for the price of them compared to these fancy one's, as far as I can see the head is starting to carbon up a bit and stain black where it is blowing from, I guess it could be a crack somewhere, really hard to tell with where it is without taking it apart, I imagine the gasket on there is probably from new and a good 8/9 years old so it may have just given up on me, may be an idea to price up something like an INA mani and stick one of those on whilst its off depending on cost, christmas has crippled me :( , all the exhaust seem's spot on and is only a couple of year old stainless Miltek from turbo back, so it could only be a crack in the mani or one of 3 gaskets in that area.

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
My misunderstanding in that I thought you were talking about the manifold > turbo gasket. :doh: What I said still stands - but crack less likely there.

:happy: Yeah by the look's of it its blowing between the mani and head and staining the head a bit with the leaking carbon, I don't know if you would know this but if I was to change the mani to something like an INA item would it be likely I would need to re-map again? currently k03 with stage 2 Revo pretty maxed on the turbo with Forge FMIC etc. at about 220bhp

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
:happy: Yeah by the look's of it its blowing between the mani and head and staining the head a bit with the leaking carbon, I don't know if you would know this but if I was to change the mani to something like an INA item would it be likely I would need to re-map again? currently k03 with stage 2 Revo pretty maxed on the turbo with Forge FMIC etc. at about 220bhp

No it wouldn't need remapping for that. :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you are confusing power gasket with exhaust gasket.. ones for intake and the other is exhaust

nothing wrong with oe exhaust manifold gaskets..
you have a loose/warped/cracked exhaust manifold most likely

i run std exhaust gasket with well over 500bhp zero problems

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
Yeah I now realise all the gasket info I have been reading is to do with inlet and not exhaust my mistake, not all bad, saves me a little money, do you do the uprated exhaust mani for said car? And what would the price be?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yeah I now realise all the gasket info I have been reading is to do with inlet and not exhaust my mistake, not all bad, saves me a little money, do you do the uprated exhaust mani for said car? And what would the price be?

2 mani's to consider are INA (Canada/USA) one and JBS (UK) one.
different prices and quality between them

pays ya money and takes ya choice

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.