Cupra Facelift Aero Kit?

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Hey

Anyone know if the aero kit for the facelift keeps the 3 lines under the grill and the CUPRA badge on the front? I have a feeling it doesnt, which is more than retarded.

I had the sideskirts and spoiler on my prefacelift so i deffo wants these on my new facelift, but the aero rear bumper has grown on me over the months..

Would it look stupid with skirts, spoiler and rear bumper? IE with standard front bumper?

I dont mind the aero front bumber but i like the different standard bumber for the cupra facelift with the lines and the cupra badge, makes it look a little different and dont want to loose that. So if they did an aero kit that kept this, would be spot on.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I agree with Poverty

Go with the same config as the last car :)

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
The front aero bumper for the facelift does not have the 3 slots or the cupra badge and it does not use the new cross hatch grill either.

IMG_3961.jpg

Plus dont forget the rear spoiler is differant than the pre face lift one.

IMG_3958.jpg

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Here are some more pics has requested.

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

I much prefer the rear spoiler! I presume it would also fit pre-facelift?
I dont think it does fit the pre-facelift because of the change Seat made to the rear window, which now runs full width of the hatch.

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Thanks for the pics, does look nice actually... might be a bit smaller than the prefl one?

Does anyone knof of a place in Leeds/Wakefield that will fit the kit.... got my last ones done at david cook motors in oldham but they have failed to get back to me with prices etc...

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Good evening. Does anybody know any site where I could buy the spoiler depicted in post 10 of this topic? Thanks in advance.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Good evening. Does anybody know any site where I could buy the spoiler depicted in post 10 of this topic? Thanks in advance.

Your local dealer would be your best bet. Or you could always try the sponsors on the forum such as Dave at Seres or Tristan at Ted Johnstons and so on.
Alex

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Is this the original? The problem is that I am from Greece and I want to find it at a better price than here.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Steve
I am looking to get a new Leon and your external styling setup is exactly what I am looking for, though on the FL FR. Best bits of the old, such as the back end and changing the FL FR 'mouth' front, which I am not keen on.

I have followed some of your threads regarding use of Pre FL grill and Aero bumper on your FL Cupra and wondered how your order/spec was received and dealt with by the dealers? did this add significant time for delivery? How long did it take to come?

Thanks in advance.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Steve
I am looking to get a new Leon and your external styling setup is exactly what I am looking for, though on the FL FR. Best bits of the old, such as the back end and changing the FL FR 'mouth' front, which I am not keen on.

I have followed some of your threads regarding use of Pre FL grill and Aero bumper on your FL Cupra and wondered how your order/spec was received and dealt with by the dealers? did this add significant time for delivery? How long did it take to come?

Thanks in advance.

It was for the same reasoning that I went for the setup I did.
When I ordered the car, I specified with the dealer, front bumper and side skirts only because the boot spoiler was not available at the time. After about 8 weeks after my order I read something on this forum about the new Facelift boot spoiler now been available, so I telephoned the dealer to add it to the order.
When I ordered the car on August 3rd 2009 I was told delivery should be end of October begining of November (12-15 weeks) and I collected the car on October 28th. The kit should not effect delivery because the dealer orders it seperate and then gets it fitted before the PDI so that it is covered under the 3 year waranty.