CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Jesus and no guess to what looks better as well!! I assume the Tiguan is bigger and more practical but I'm not sure how much more you need over the Formentor for an average lifestyle
Same platform so it won't be that much bigger? Brochure states 4511 long, 1859 wide and 1675 high with 615 litre boot. Formentor is 4450 long, 1992 wide and 1578 high with 420 litre boot - although the bonnet looks a lot longer on the Formentor and its certainly way better styled!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Same platform so it won't be that much bigger? Brochure states 4511 long, 1859 wide and 1675 high with 615 litre boot. Formentor is 4450 long, 1992 wide and 1578 high with 420 litre boot - although the bonnet looks a lot longer on the Formentor and its certainly way better styled!

Tiguan is more boxy and has a bigger boot. You can't get it all, styling, driving ability and big boot.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Keyless entry and virtual pedal for tailgate not working this morning. When I go to do keyless entry the key fob lights up but nothing happens, same when go to lock it. Any ideas?? I put the carbon cover for the back of they key on this morning but surely that's got nothing to do with it?

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Keyless entry and virtual pedal for tailgate not working this morning. When I go to do keyless entry the key fob lights up but nothing happens, same when go to lock it. Any ideas?? I put the carbon cover for the back of they key on this morning but surely that's got nothing to do with it?
Two thoughts, have you disturbed the connection of the battery when you put on the carbon cover? May be operating at reduced voltage so not sending the signal? Other thought, is the car accepting your S-Pin? If not, may be a software upgrade needed - I had similar issues following the first software download, but it all cleared with a subsequent update?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I will check next time im in car for updates. If that's not the case I will put old cover back on and see if it makes a difference. Only thing with the cover was one of the clips was a little bit bent so straightened it up and it clicked on. Can't see that being the issue though as the car and the fob are still working communicating to each other if the fob is lighting up when my hand goes to inside of door? Is there a manual override through the infotainment to turn keyless entry off/ back on?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
And the car doesn't ask me for my S pin everytime I get in. I think I changed the setting for it not to ask me everytime. Still comes up as primary user etc

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
And the car doesn't ask me for my S pin everytime I get in. I think I changed the setting for it not to ask me everytime. Still comes up as primary user etc
Ok, can't see anything in the manual so not sure what else to suggest?

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Ok, can't see anything in the manual so not sure what else to suggest?
Just found the text below, wondering if the new cover has held the lock button in and it's deactivated the keyless entry? It's on page 98 in case it helps.

Keyless Access temporary disconnection
function*
You can deactivate the vehicle's Keyless
Access unlocking for one locking and unlocking
cycle.
● Move the gear lever to position P since
otherwise the vehicle cannot be locked.
● Close the door.
● Push the central locking button  on the
remote control and touch the locking sensor
surface of the driver door handle
››› Fig. 73 B within the following 5 seconds.
Do not grasp the door handle; otherwise the
vehicle will not unlock. Deactivation is also
possible if the vehicle is locked through the
driver’s door lock.
● To check that the function has been deactivated,
wait at least 10 seconds, grip and pull
on the door handle. The door should not
open.
The next time the door can only be unlocked
via the remote control or the lock cylinder.
The next time the door is locked/unlocked,
Keyless Access will be active again.
Keyless Access permanent disconnection
function*
You can deactivate the vehicle unlock with
Keyless Access permanently in the infotainment
system so that others cannot unlock or
start the vehicle.

Reactions: Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I read somewhere something about something happening with your lock if you press the lock key twice.. can't remember where in the manual though. Does something deactivate if you press it twice on your fob?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just found the text below, wondering if the new cover has held the lock button in and it's deactivated the keyless entry? It's on page 98 in case it helps.

Keyless Access temporary disconnection
function*
You can deactivate the vehicle's Keyless
Access unlocking for one locking and unlocking
cycle.
● Move the gear lever to position P since
otherwise the vehicle cannot be locked.
● Close the door.
● Push the central locking button  on the
remote control and touch the locking sensor
surface of the driver door handle
››› Fig. 73 B within the following 5 seconds.
Do not grasp the door handle; otherwise the
vehicle will not unlock. Deactivation is also
possible if the vehicle is locked through the
driver’s door lock.
● To check that the function has been deactivated,
wait at least 10 seconds, grip and pull
on the door handle. The door should not
open.
The next time the door can only be unlocked
via the remote control or the lock cylinder.
The next time the door is locked/unlocked,
Keyless Access will be active again.
Keyless Access permanent disconnection
function*
You can deactivate the vehicle unlock with
Keyless Access permanently in the infotainment
system so that others cannot unlock or
start the vehicle.
O will have a look at that page when I get in, I think it's more down to me doing something inadvertently than the system failing

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
@Gregums thinking about it when I was putting the cover on this morning I would have had to turn the key upside down so my fingers were on the locking buttons while my thumb's were pushing the cover into place. I bet I've been pressing the buttons within range of the vehicle and I've deactivated it.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
What tyres do the cars come on? Mostly interested whether they are winter or summer tyres.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What tyres do the cars come on? Mostly interested whether they are winter or summer tyres.

These
92e6499e47b2a2cc2da2863ef1dd4278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Thank you. Do you have mandatory winter tires in the UK during the winter?

I almost wish they deliver the car on summer tires. We're soon going to end our winter season so if I get it on winter tires, I'll need to buy new tires rather soon.

What do you guys plan to use?

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Mine came with the Bridgestone Turanzas too. I had them on my old Leon and the were awful in the wet and undrivable in the snow.

We don't have mandatory winter tyres in the UK but I will be switching them to Michelin Cross climates for the winter. They are good for UK winters

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Mine came with the Bridgestone Turanzas too. I had them on my old Leon and the were awful in the wet and undrivable in the snow.

We don't have mandatory winter tyres in the UK but I will be switching them to Michelin Cross climates for the winter. They are good for UK winters
Think they all come with Bridgestone Turanzas

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members