CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
That’s good. How does the car feel in Eco mode?
Very relaxed mate. So I've set everything to comfort on individual mode and wherever it's possible for eco I've set it as that ' engine being stand out one' perfectly fine for just pottering about. Gear changes are very smooth and unoticeable and you still have enough get up and go. If you really want to just have a relaxed journey then I would advise that kind of set up.

Also been using acc along with lane assist a bit more and I've done a bit of experimenting in how much the car will actually steer you if you aren't putting any input in. I was very surprised. There are a couple of S bends that I tried it on and the systems took me around them autonomously with no hassle at all. Was a bit hairy coming up to the bend thinking ' is it actually going to turn me' but yeah the kids were impressed with the ' car driving itself' ha and I have to say I was too. Think you get about 12/13 seconds of having no input before you get your first warning of ' take control of the steering' but even then all you have to do is provide the tiniest bit of movement and then you can take hand off again

Reactions: IanH72

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
If you put the real time fuel consumption on the dash, it tells you when it drops down to 2 cylinder mode

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I don't speak german but google translate lists this as "recall campaign" for Formentor. Apparently some safety systems don't work properly.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Hopefully during any recall they can sort out the system and software issues.
Taking the shine off I must admit!
One of the risks of buying a new brands first version of a car. Often the Facelift is the one to have - discovered and sorted out the gremlins / inadequacies by then.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Hopefully during any recall they can sort out the system and software issues.
Taking the shine off I must admit!
One of the risks of buying a new brands first version of a car. Often the Facelift is the one to have - discovered and sorted out the gremlins / inadequacies by then.
This guy bought the car in 2020 and even he didn't have to do any updates. Not sure what cars are affected, it's possible all newer cars have the update/fix.

I've just mentioned it for the guys that keep having software issues. It might be worth checking with the service.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
My boot lid doesn't close automatically when I pull the drivers door card button. It opens OK though. All it seems to do is make a click and whirr sound like it's unlocking. I've tried a long pull on it to no effect, any ideas anyone? 🤔 The manual seems to say it should be able to close it.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My boot lid doesn't close automatically when I pull the drivers door card button. It opens OK though. All it seems to do is make a click and whirr sound like it's unlocking. I've tried a long pull on it to no effect, any ideas anyone? The manual seems to say it should be able to close it.

Ive closed mine by using the long pull method in the past. When I tried a short pull, the boot lid closed and then stopped when I let go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stonepope

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just had another Formentor VZ going opposite direction same magnetic tech colour as mine and it looked great, great to know that's what people are seeing from the outside ha. I assume was a member of Johnson's cupra Preston taking it back to the dealership or someone taking it for a test drive but if it was any of you heading down watery lane bypass in Preston heading in direction of Blackpool then give me a shout! Ha

Reactions: Peyton

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I know it's not the relevant thread ( not sure where this would go) but thought would ask the question to you fellow Formentor owners. My dad has a 1991 rover metro 1.1s Heinz 57 limited edition (100 made) after winning a Heinz competition ( save up baby food vouchers enter draw etc) I wasn't born at the time so don't have the exact details. It is red with a black/ white/ gold trim. Not been taxed or driven since 1994. Approx 5000 miles on the clock. Has anyone ever heard or seen any others of these and does anyone have any idea if it would be worth any kind of money at all? As you can imagine with it not being driven properly since 1994 ( had the engine running and drove it back and forth up the drive about 10 years ago). It will need some work doing to it. Would be great to hear if any of you have any thoughts..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members