CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
I know it's not the relevant thread ( not sure where this would go) but thought would ask the question to you fellow Formentor owners. My dad has a 1991 rover metro 1.1s Heinz 57 limited edition (100 made) after winning a Heinz competition ( save up baby food vouchers enter draw etc) I wasn't born at the time so don't have the exact details. It is red with a black/ white/ gold trim. Not been taxed or driven since 1994. Approx 5000 miles on the clock. Has anyone ever heard or seen any others of these and does anyone have any idea if it would be worth any kind of money at all? As you can imagine with it not being driven properly since 1994 ( had the engine running and drove it back and forth up the drive about 10 years ago). It will need some work doing to it. Would be great to hear if any of you have any thoughts..
Never heard of these, and wary of a wind-up given the date (although after midday so hopefully safe)? Best advice would be to check out Mathewsons (Bangers & Cash on Yesterday TV) www.mathewsons.co.uk as they would know about it, and likely value either as is (if it looks too big a job), or once restored to its full glory. Take a few photos and give them a call, they seem a nice gang on the TV and this may well be a quirky car that may interest them?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Never heard of these, and wary of a wind-up given the date (although after midday so hopefully safe)? Best advice would be to check out Mathewsons (Bangers & Cash on Yesterday TV) www.mathewsons.co.uk as they would know about it, and likely value either as is (if it looks too big a job), or once restored to its full glory. Take a few photos and give them a call, they seem a nice gang on the TV and this may well be a quirky car that may interest them?
Ha no wind up honestly. Cheers I will look into it

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Only pic have on my phone at mo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-143226.png
    Screenshot_20210401-143226.png
    307 KB · Views: 123

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I will reach 1000 miles on weekend, going up North for longer trip. And today decided to take my other car, for a bit of fun and uncomplicated driving. Nothing to switch off before start, no need to touch the screen or baby sit ACC.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just tried launching it on a straight bit of country road ( had to find a gap between traffic) when I let the brake off I realised my foot wasn't completely down on the accelerator for the first 2 seconds or so ( something in my brain telling me that it's not usual to have your foot flat to the floor I think) ha but I tell u what regardless of that my heart was pounding and It was a bit of a surreal experience. Bit of practice and a completely empty road I think is needed to have a proper go

Reactions: IanH72 and Yaz2010

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021

Thought would upload this for you fellas, was posted a few hours ago, Rory Reid ( ex top gear presenter) gives a very positive report on the VZ2 formentor, bit disappointed the biggest issue he says was with the touch noise for the infotainment which can obviously just be turned off completely or adapted to make noises for certain settings. (He later says that it can be turned off). Funny he mentions that the standard cupra brakes work well! I know we have had a bit of a chat about the cupra Vs brembo brakes today. All in all though another very positive review!

So if your one of the unfortunate ones still waiting on your Formentor here is another reason to be upbeat.

Also can I just get it straight is the engine 310hp or 306? I thought it was 310 ps/ 306hp but majority of reviews say it's a 310hp engine.?

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021

Thought would upload this for you fellas, was posted a few hours ago, Rory Reid ( ex top gear presenter) gives a very positive report on the VZ2 formentor, bit disappointed the biggest issue he says was with the touch noise for the infotainment which can obviously just be turned off completely or adapted to make noises for certain settings. (He later says that it can be turned off). Funny he mentions that the standard cupra brakes work well! I know we have had a bit of a chat about the cupra Vs brembo brakes today. All in all though another very positive review!

So if your one of the unfortunate ones still waiting on your Formentor here is another reason to be upbeat.

Also can I just get it straight is the engine 310hp or 306? I thought it was 310 ps/ 306hp but majority of reviews say it's a 310hp engine.?
310bhp metric equates to 306bhp in UK. Explained here: https://www.carwow.co.uk/guides/glossary/what-is-horsepower

Reactions: Yaz2010

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just gone out this morning warmed the engine up and found a straight stretch of road and did 2 successful launches back to back. **** Me! Felt like I was being warped to a different time. I acknowledge some of you will be used to similar acceleration like this but if your like me coming from something like a 1.2l manual Leon with 110 hp and going on to experience your first 2 litre turbo with 310hp, automatic dsg transmission, AWD, your going to be in for a treat and with it also being only my second car it's an eye opener. Ha

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Just gone out this morning warmed the engine up and found a straight stretch of road and did 2 successful launches back to back. **** Me! Felt like I was being warped to a different time. I acknowledge some of you will be used to similar acceleration like this but if your like me coming from something like a 1.2l manual Leon with 110 hp and going on to experience your first 2 litre turbo with 310hp, automatic dsg transmission, AWD, your going to be in for a treat and with it also being only my second car it's an eye opener. Ha
Yeah, I agree. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I've come from a 184 hp Diesel Leon, it's no slouch (7.5s to 60) but Formentor with Launch Control is another level. Get my adrenaline running (probably I'll get used to it in a while).

Make sure to brake with the right foot, first time I did a launch I braked with left foot and had things flying in the car.

Reactions: IanH72 and Yaz2010

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Did you time it ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.