CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Yeah, I agree. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I've come from a 184 hp Diesel Leon, it's no slouch (7.5s to 60) but Formentor with Launch Control is another level. Get my adrenaline running (probably I'll get used to it in a while).

Make sure to brake with the right foot, first time I did a launch I braked with left foot and had things flying in the car.
Ha yeah mate I tried launch the other day but aborted after hitting about 20mph as I hadn't done it correctly and used my left foot and I came to an abrupt stop!

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Did you time it ?
No I didn't, I don't have any equipment. I was going to try and use the timer in the centre of instrument binnacle and multitask but I don't think that would be very accurate. Also can anyone help with this.. in the centre of the dash it obviously comes up saying that launch control is activated but this message seems to stay on the dash for the majority of the duration of the launch control so you can't see rev counter/ speed etc until you get past like 50. Maybe I should try a different dash view..?

Reactions: Yaz2010

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Did you time it ?
It felt very quick though which I know it was going to feel anyway with it being my proper first experience of this level of acceleration. I also had no added weight on board and only about 60 miles of range in the tank so low fuel weight.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Went camping in Formentor. 4 people tent took most of the space in the boot, so put it on the back seat. I'm used to camping for weeks with Abarth Spider, but with small tent, so Formentor will do with bigger one.

In the end, pitched up small tent, because it was too windy, to pitch big ten alone.

20210423_182829.jpg

20210424_171122.jpg

Last edited:

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Interesting that he says the brakes feel like they become more responsive in cupra mode than to sport or other modes... I didn't know that?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Think he's dead right and has been my opinion all along in regards that £ for £ or € for € there is not a huge amount that can deliver the package that the Formentor does.

Reactions: IanH72

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Interesting that he says the brakes feel like they become more responsive in cupra mode than to sport or other modes... I didn't know that?
Think it's in relation more to response of the chassis, ie when it stiffens up. So effectively giving that impression? 🤷‍♂️

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Seen another Formentor this morning close to my house. Graphene grey, think V2 as I struggled to see the quad exhausts in wing mirror as it went past. Couple of flashes ( not that kind) and waves between us. #keepthe tribestrong

Apr 29, 2021
Went camping in Formentor. 4 people tent took most of the space in the boot, so put it on the back seat. I'm used to camping for weeks with Abarth Spider, but with small tent, so Formentor will do with bigger one.

In the end, pitched up small tent, because it was too windy, to pitch big ten alone.
Hi! Do you have any idea how much weight the roof can support while stationary? From the specs it says max 75kg (150 lbs aprox) but I'm pretty sure that's the weight limit in motion. I'm curious if one could fit a roof top tent on it.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
There's article about roof load and roof tents here. I remember reading it couple of years ago when I considered roof tent for Audi, which had max 100kg dynamic roof load.

Also American discussion about Q5 roof tent with some pictures, that's where I found the link to the above article. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/roof-top-tent-load-bar-limit-2946032/

Reactions: emix

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Had this thought does anyone know the answer.. how come when your in stop/start traffic the parking sensors do not alert you to getting close to the car in front but when your parking ( even without any of the parking assists etc) your car uses the parking sensors and 'knows your parking'??

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Had this thought does anyone know the answer.. how come when your in stop/start traffic the parking sensors do not alert you to getting close to the car in front but when your parking ( even without any of the parking assists etc) your car uses the parking sensors and 'knows your parking'??
I can only assume some sort of Jedi skill....or failing that, on my Volvo I would have to be pretty close to the car in front in stop start traffic as the range is only about 45cm

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Some fella has just been driving right up my chuff, was getting pissed off then he pulled his phone out balanced it on the steering wheel and was taking pictures of the rear of my car. I indicated into petrol station ironically ha and he went past and put his thumb up. Will let him off ha

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
I'm trying to find colour codes for Formentor, specially for bumper colour but with no sucess. Anyone?
Want to buy repair pen for small dots on the front bumper but I need a code. Car is graphene gray and bumpers are... unknown?!

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I'm trying to find colour codes for Formentor, specially for bumper colour but with no sucess. Anyone?
Want to buy repair pen for small dots on the front bumper but I need a code. Car is graphene gray and bumpers are... unknown?!

Aren’t colour codes for VAG vehicles under the boot liner somewhere? Failing that, the driver/passenger door shuts?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.